- Respond to patients’ medical problems by referring to their history, carrying out diagnosis, treatment, counseling and referral, where necessary.
- Order lab tests and interpret the test results.
- Maintain confidentiality and impartiality at all times.
- Collect, record and maintain sensitive patient information such as examination results, medical history and reports.
- Perform minor surgeries.
- Explain procedures or prescribed treatments to patients.
- Liaise with medical professionals in the community and hospitals.
- Promote health education in conjunction with other health professionals.
- Meet targets set by government for specified treatments eg. child immunization.
- Discuss and evaluate new pharmaceutical products with pharmaceutical representatives.
- Keep up-to-date with medical developments, treatment and medication.
- Teach at hospitals and medical schools, and observe and assess the work of trainee doctors and medical students.
Qualification and Requirements
- Degree in Medicine (essential).
- Must have a surgical Background
- At least 3-5 years of experience practising as a primary care doctor.
- Fantastic counselling and listening skills.
- Superb organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent decision-making skills and communication.
Lunch and Accommodation will be provided