The company is an early-stage, venture-backed medical technology company harnessing the power of AI and computer vision to tackle some of the world’s greatest health disparities. We are a diverse founding team with backgrounds in medicine, biomedical engineering, computer science, management and law - who have come together to combine our expertise to build an impactful company that will transform the lives of individuals living with sickle cell disease, one of the most overlooked diseases in the U.S. and around the world.
Sickle cell disease (SCD) is a global health problem that significantly impacts life span, quality of life, and health outcomes of affected individuals. Complications from the disease include infection, excruciating pain, vision loss, chronic organ damage, stroke, and even death. While SCD affects 30M people worldwide, there are limited options for proper care and treatment. The company is building an AI-based diagnostic and monitoring device for sickle cell disease (SCD).
It is a point-of-care (POC) device that can significantly increase access to lifesaving diagnostics in low-resource areas of the world by making tests more affordable, simpler, and faster. In higher-income countries like the U.S KovaDx technology has the potential to improve the overall prognosis and quality of life for those living with SCD while minimizing SCD-related health care costs by averting severe SCD episodes through monitoring. Our device and systems also has the potential to be applied to other diseases such as malaria.
We believe that regardless of income or circumstances of birth, no one should have to forgo healthcare due to a lack of resources. We stand for the empowerment of marginalized communities, and believe in solutions grounded in the experiences of individuals affected by the problems we’re trying to solve. We have a culture of transparency and mutual respect, and believe they are central to all stakeholders we engage with.
Who You Are
- Strategic thinker who enjoys creative problem solving and is a leader
- Self-starter with resilience and agility that thrives in ambiguity
- Traveler that is willing to move beyond your comfort zone and sell things
- Have a background in the healthcare space
- Comfortable transitioning into a full-time leadership role
Work With Us
You will work directly with the founders of our company and be involved in the following:
- Source and search for potential hospitals that could use our product based on relevant data and our business model.
- Based on the information above, shortlist these facilities into your top 50 choices, along with reasons and points of contact.
- Actively connect with the director(s)/leaders of these facilities and sign a minimum of 10 non-legally binding letters of intents (LOI) to use our device once we launch in Ghana.
- Present a document with specific data points on each of the hospitals that signed the non-legally binding LOI.
Nature of Work
- The initial phase of this work will be deemed a priced contract with the project broken down into phases. Our estimated lead time to complete this task (after training) is one month.
- Your relationship with the company would be deemed as that of a contractor and the initial contract ends after your completion of the last phase of this project.
- Based on your initial performance, your work will transition into a full time, salaried employee role (within an agreed period) and you are expected to be able to make this shift not only to manage the relationships formed earlier, but also to lead a team of employees that will not only establish and maintain stronger relationships, but also promote the image of the company in Ghana
- Bachelors in any healthcare-related field (with equivalent experience), Medical Degree (MBChB/ M.D or Equivalent), Pharmacy Degree/Pharmacy Doctorate
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience
- Sales experience