- Identify, troubleshoot and repair mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic and simple electrical problems on plant facilities and production equipment (Flour and Feed Milling equipment)
- Performs preventative maintenance per defined interval/schedule in a timely manner and documents maintenance concerns/resolutions; providing action plans and status reports as needed.
- Recognizes and corrects potential equipment failure or unsafe conditions and communicates this to Maintenance Manager
- Performs welding fabrication (both stick and gas) in various locations and positions including pipe and structural on various metals for new and existing equipment.
- Perform machine workshop operations such as drilling, grinding, welding and the use of cutting equipment (i.e. chop saw), pneumatic tools and electric/manual hand tools.
- Performs pipe fitting of both threaded and welded pipe of various sizes, both prefabricated and field runs.
- Ensure mechanical operations, standards and controls are maintained at high quality
- Show expertise in working with team and independently.
- Train and develop mechanical staff to standard.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Minimum of a Degree is required
- Minimum of 5 years working experience
- Must have strong mechanical repair/troubleshooting and metalworking skills.
- Must be able to satisfactorily demonstrate proficiency in Machine Repair,
- Machine Tool Operations, Pipefitting and Welding.
- Functional knowledge of mechanical components (valves, pipe fittings, bearings, motors, gearboxes, Pneumatic cylinders, etc.).