- Assessing project requirements
- Measuring the performance of mechanical components, devices and engines
- Agreeing budgets, timescales and specifications with clients and managers
- Maintaining and modifying equipment to ensure that it is safe, reliable and efficient
- Using computer-aided design/modelling software
- Liaising with suppliers
- Undertaking relevant research
- Producing and implementing designs and test procedures
- Presenting designs to managers and clients
- Testing, evaluating, modifying and re-testing products
- Writing reports and documentation
- Providing technical advice
- Analyzing and interpreting data.
- Creativity - Contributes to the creation of solutions. An active participant in design and brainstorming sessions. Regularly suggests new technologies that could benefit Industrial Kinetics within their own functional area. Offers design alternatives during problem-solving sessions. Begins to take educated risks to explore new ideas. Draws on customer and industry understanding to bring new ideas to Industrial Kinetics.
- Design / Technical Analysis - Sought out to solve a range of straight forward engineering problems; directs people on where to go if the answer is unknown; all work may be checked or verified by more senior staff; presents solution methods in formal design reviews; authors reports of work as required. Develops detailed drawings with little supervision. Leverages knowledge of manufacturing and machining process to apply proper tolerances, fitments, and clearances.
- Engineering Tools - Developing expertise in a large variety of engineering tools consistent with their level of responsibility. Beginning to anticipate the needs of the department and identifies areas for new tools or new application of existing tools. Begins to create time-saving processes to simplify engineering design activities within own functional area.
- Systems Expertise - Draws upon experience in previous project assignments, recognizes other design elements that would affect their work. Developing an understanding of the impact their work has on both upstream and downstream activities/processes.