1. A degree or its equivalent in a relevant field of engineering or science from a Marine or
Nautical Institute recognized by the Maritime Industry.
2. Relevant seagoing experience as a certified ship’s officer with valid management level
certificate of competency.
3. A continuous technical knowledge of ships and its operations after obtaining Certificate
of Competency (COC).
4. Not less than three (3) years service at sea as an officer in deck or engine department.
5. Accreditation as a surveyor through a formalized training programme.
6. Certificate in accordance with Marine Casualty Investigation Code.
1. Working Experience on the application of related IMO conventions and guidelines.
2. Knowledge of procedures applied in survey, certification, control, investigations and
3. Understanding the goals and objectives of the International and National instruments
used in maritime safety and the protection of the marine environment and related
4. Interview techniques
5. Evidence gathering.
Applicant should not be more than 45 years of Age