To control and oversee all business operations, people, and ventures. She/He will be the highest-ranking manager in the organization and will be responsible for the overall success of the business. The ideal candidate will be experienced in the Fin-tech markets, a strategist and a leader able to steer the company to the most profitable direction while also implementing its vision, mission and long-term goals.
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
To plan, organize and carry out the internal controls function including the
- Develop and implement objectives, action plans, budgets and initiatives as assigned by the Board of Directors.
- Ensure the availability for review by the Board of Directors, monthly and quarterly financial and narrative reports on business activities.
- In consultation with the Board of Directors, monitor and adjust the company’s Business Plan to accurately reflect its strategic direction.
- Develop strategies to mobilize financial resources for the growth of the company
- Communicate and maintain trust relationships with shareholders, business partners, regulators and authorities
- Oversee the development of products and services for the company
- Prospect and sign up clients for the company’s products and services.
- Review and analyze sales performances against budget and plans to exceed performance.
- Manage and maintain relationship with all clients.
- Identify new opportunities for sales of products/solutions within the country that will impact on the company’s bottom line.
- Preparation and presentation of Sales pitch on the company’s products and services to targeted clients in the country.
- Provide feedback on market intelligence research on competitors to ensure that the company remains competitive in the industry.
- Arrange and participate in client debriefs as it relates to their business needs
- Attend key industry functions, and provide feedback and information on new Technology/Innovations as well as business leads
- Ensure detailed report of action plan and progress report is sent to the Board of Directors as and when due.
- Ensure the company is in compliance with all relevant laws, statutes, and regulations.
- Steer the company towards leadership and dominance in the Ghanaian Fin-tech space
- Ensure company policies and legal guidelines are communicated and abide with starting with top leadership at all times
- Oversee the company’s financial performance, investments and other business ventures
- Delegate responsibilities and supervise the work of staff, providing guidance and motivation to drive maximum performance
- Facilitate the development of the staff skills and knowledge.
- Act as the public speaker and public relations representative of the company in ways that strengthen its profile
- Revenue targets as agreed by the board
- Return on Equity targets as agreed by the board
- Return on Assets targets as agreed by the board
- Customer Acquisition -Number and Value
- targets as agreed by the board
- Required competencies include but are not limited to the following activities:
- Exposure, understanding and established relationships in the Digital Banking and Fin-tech space in Ghana
- Demonstrable experience in developing strategic business plans
- Thorough knowledge of the Ghanaian financial services market changes and forces that influence the company
- Strong understanding of corporate finance and measures of performance
- Familiarity with the Ghanaian corporate law and management best practices
- Extensive knowledge of Ghana best practices, banking & financial services landscape and regulations
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Outstanding analytic and problem-solving abilities
Experience and Qualifications:
- Minimum of bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Business Administration, or any related discipline with at least 5 - 10 years’ relevant experience.
- Master’s degree in a related discipline will be an advantage
- Preferably experience in both large corporate and start-ups
- Professional Membership of a recognized professional association