A reputable company in the construction industry is looking to hire an experienced Managing Director to oversee all operations, functions and activities. The Managing Director would be responsible for giving proper strategic direction and implementing a high quality vision.
- To ensure that the Company’s goals, financial targets are clearly established and that strategies are in place for achieving them
- Creates functional strategies and specific objectives for the sub-departments and develop budgets/ policies/procedures to support the growth of the firm.
- Overseeing the logistical requirements of all projects and construction activities, supervising all personnel working on construction project including team leads, field staff and administrative personnel.
- To implement policies and directives issued by the board of directors from time to time
- To strengthen the performance of the Company including ensuring that management is proactively seeking to build the business through innovation, initiative, technology, new products and the development of its business capital
- Regularly with clients, board of directors, third parties and manager to report on progress.
- Sets targets, responsibilities for all staff and monitor performance of employees
- Regularly review timings, budget, labour, risk, and project plans to ensure work stays on track
- Supplying financial records, meeting deadlines on all statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Recommending policy and procedure for improvements
- Monitoring performance against agreed criteria
- Ensuring all contractual obligations are fulfilled
- Ensuring the delivery of high-quality work within contract timelines
- Dealing with contract disputes and mitigating the impact of any issues
- Working in the office and on the construction site
Qualification and Minimum Requirements:
- Over 5 years work experience in the Construction Industry
- Should hold either a Degree in Structural Engineering or Quantity Surveying
- Experience in developing strategies and plans
- Strong understanding of corporate finance and measures of performance
- Should be a member of a professional body in related field
Managerial and Personality Competencies:
- Ability to Plan, Coordinate, and Control operational activities
- Excellent communication, negotiation, and presentation skills
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good negotiation skills
- Proven competence in working with others in a team effort
- Computer literate – knowledge in Ms. Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
Job Location: Accra