Deloitte is the largest private professional services network in the world. Every day, approximately 330,000 professionals in more than 150 countries demonstrate their commitment to make an impact that matters. Deloitte West Africa is a cluster of Deloitte offices that is networked to provide seamless cross-border services to our clients in the region and to pass on the benefits of scale and access to resources that this organisation can generate. Our West Africa practice serves multinationals, large national enterprises, small and medium-sized enterprises and the public sector across Nigeria and Ghana.
In Ghana, Deloitte is one of the leading professional services organisations, specialising in providing Financial Advisory services, Risk Advisory, Audit, Tax & Regulatory, Business Process Solutions and Consulting. We serve clients in a variety of industries from financial services, to consumer business and industrial products, telecommunications, energy and resources, manufacturing, and the public sector.
Our professionals are unified by a collaborative culture that fosters integrity, outstanding value to markets and clients, commitment to each other, and strength from cultural diversity. They are dedicated to strengthening corporate responsibility, building public trust, and making a positive impact in their communities. We understand that our professionals hold interests outside of the workspace and we aim to encourage work/life balance, supporting them in all aspects of their lives.
About Financial Advisory
Our Financial Advisory service provides the full range of industry and functional expertise you can expect from a leading practice. Strong and active international ties ensure the ongoing sharing of expertise and access to additional specialist resources as and when required. Our areas of expertise include:
• Corporate Finance Advisory:
- Debt capital advisory
- Equity capital advisory
- Infrastructure advisory
- Economic advisory and feasibility studies
- Business plan preparation
• Valuation and Modelling:
- Business valuation services
- Review and development of financial models
• Transaction Services & Restructuring:
- Buy-side due diligence reviews
- Vendor due diligence reviews
- Financial and operational restructuring services
- Cost optimization and value creation services
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing engagements, providing exceptional high level leadership to the team and providing business and industry thought leadership.
The successful candidate will be tasked with two or more of the below responsibilities amongst others:
- Corporate Finance Services: Developing business plans, feasibility studies and advising clients in raising, investing, optimizing and preserving capital
- Deal Origination and Business Development: Networking, meetings and proposal preparations to originate businesses.
- Project valuation and financial modelling: Undertaking project valuation and financial modelling for strategic decisions, mergers and acquisitions, project finance, private equity deals, pricing, and bid evaluations and restructuring.
- Transaction advisory services: Transaction advisory for Public Private Partnership projects (PPP) and Capital Raise for companies.
Qualifications & Experience
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree (B.Sc., BBA, B.Com ) in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, Economics, Engineering or equivalent with a minimum of second class upper degree
- A Master’s degree in Finance, Business Administration, Economics, Engineering or related field from a reputable university will be an added advantage
- Membership of professional association (ACCA, ICAEW, ICA, CFA Institute) will be an added advantage
- General Experience - At least 5 years professional experience in infrastructure transaction advisory particularly in project finance, financial modelling, privatisations, public private partnerships (PPP) in developing and emerging markets.
- Sector of experience - Transaction experience in a full range of infrastructure sectors including renewable and clean energy, alternative power, oil & gas, transport infrastructure, natural resources and general infrastructure.
- Institution experience - Experience with International Finance Institutions (IFIs) and Development Finance Institutions (DFIs) such as World Bank, IFC, African Development Bank (AfDB) etc.
- Regional experience - Experience in Sub-Saharan African region will be an added advantage.
What Impact Will You Make?
Every day, your work will make an impact that matters, while you thrive in a dynamic culture of inclusion, collaboration, and high performance. As the undisputed leader in professional services, Deloitte is where you will find unrivalled opportunities to succeed and realize your full potential.
How You Will Grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there is always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help build world-class skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University Leadership Centre. https://deloitte.zoomforth.com/du
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. Every day, Deloitte people make real impacts in the places they live and work. We pride ourselves in doing not only what is good for clients, but also what is good for our people and the communities in which we live and work—always striving to be an organization that is held up as a role model of quality, integrity, and positive change. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact. https://www2.deloitte.com/global/en/pages/about-deloitte/articles/impact-that-matters.html
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you research the background of our firm and the business area you are applying to.