Under this unit all other support services of the Church including Property and Maintenance Management, Transport and Security.
- Ensure the maintenance of accurate inventory and records of all Church’s properties i.e. furniture, office and household equipment.
- Maintain high standard of cleaning and hygienic surroundings of Church Office property and bungalows
- Ensure effective housekeeping service in the areas of building maintenance, office and household equipment
- Ensure the implementation of Church’s Transport Policies and Procedures for effective transport management
- Co-ordinate all transport activities in the Church through regular contacts with Departmental Heads
- Assist in the determination of specification and acquisition of new vehicles, and preparation of Vehicle Replacement Plan for the Church
- Responsible for licensing, registration and Insurance of all vehicle and equipment acquired by the Church
- Ensure that insurance policy and road worthiness inspection renewals of church vehicles are carried out
- Ensure that repair and maintenance of Church’s vehicles are carried out at recognized workshops and in accordance with the laid-down procedures
- Handle boarding and disposal of Church’s unserviceable vehicles and equipment.
- Arrange training of and retraining of drivers
- Ensure that all matters concerning transport allocation, operation and administration are carried out
- Ensure that vehicles are run economically and efficiently at all time.
- Assist in the formulation of security policies and undertakes periodic reviews of such policies in relation to the overall corporate objectives, priorities etc. to ensure maximum protection of property and personnel of the Church
- Liaise closely with the external security firm (s) to which the Church out-sources areas of its security operations to ensure acceptable standards of professional performance
- Protect Church property in the houses, offices, systems, projects areas, including security clearance of contractors
- Ensure effective handling of fires, lighting equipment, and prevention of fires in the church to maintain safety of Church properties
- Provide appropriate organizational set-up of security service for enhancing security clearance of the Church
- Implements efficient administrative, logistical and record management systems
- Organises and supervises all the administrative and logistical activities that facilitates the efficient running of the organization
- Formulates security policies and undertakes periodic revies of such policies in relation to the overall corporate objectives, priorities etc. to ensure maximum protection of property and personnel of the Church.
- Ensures the implementation of Church’s Transport Policies and Procedures for effective transport management.
Organizational and Personnel Matters
- Assist Director of Finance & Administration in determining appropriate manpower levels consistent with the organization requirement to ensure effective and efficient operation of the department.
- Assist Director of Finance & Administration to ensure that adequate training programmes are developed to improve competence of all staff of the department.
- Annually appraise his/her subordinates and submit reports to Director of Finance & Administration or appropriate authority for action.
- Ensure that the Church personnel policy is correctly interpreted, understood and implemented.
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned by Director of Finance & Administration.
- All Departments
- All Staff members allocated Church vehicle
- Maintains contact with appropriate Regional /District Administration
- Maintains contact with consultancy and construction firms
- Authorized garages
- VELD Office
- Insurance Companies
- State Transport Corporation
- Ghana Police Service
(a) Education and Work Experience
Minimum: A recognized University Degree at the Bachelor’s level or equivalent qualification in Estate Management or Logistics Management with a minimum of eight (8) years’ relevant experience, two (2) years of which should be in a supervisory grade. A Post-graduate Diploma in ministry or Theology will be an added advantage. Should be a member of an appropriate professional body.