- To generally carry out duties as may be expected in the post of the level of an Associate.
- To carry out duties as may be expected in the post of Manager, Project Development Manager and Project Coordinator as spelt out below in ‘performance objectives.
- To write reports and proposals under the assigned project of LADA Institute, and particularly to produce, either alone or in association with others, reports, proposals, concept notes, work plans and budgets, articles, and other documentation required by either Project Coordinators or Project Managers for planning, organising, controlling and evaluating the operations of projects.
- To work conscientiously within the team(s), and to portray good attitude, respect, and acceptable professional conducts expected of an Associate, Projects Development Manager and Project Coordinator.
- At all times, exercise respect and empathy to all staff, clients and stakeholders of the organisation.
- To scout/find projects in line with LADA Institute’s strategy for development and execution.
- Required to deputise for the manager of Law & Development Associates (LADA Consult).
Project Development and Implementation Manager
- Contribute to achieving the revenue target set by the Board for LADA Institute as allocated by the Manager.
- Procure new projects for the NGO to a level capable of augmenting existing revenue streams to generate revenue targets as set for the company.
- Conceptualise, develop, research, write and present excellent project proposals, MOUs, EOI plans, develop and maintain new and existing strategic relationships to ensure project plans are approved and won with external stakeholders for execution by LADA Institute.
- Progress development and implementation milestones under his/her supervision to achieve the set targets and meet Gantt monitoring milestones and ensuring Project Coordinators and respective teams meet set timelines, especially stakeholder agreed to report deadlines.
- Effectively owning client/partner relationships from start to successful finishing and advocating for all stakeholders throughout both the on-boarding and off-boarding processes.
- Coach all Project Coordinators and all teams under direct supervision to ensure all development and implementations processes are well executed continuously to the set quality benchmarks outlined by the company.
- Strategically and effectively coordinate all project activities of project teams and by so doing specifically achieve the following;
- Contribute to achieving the revenue target set for LADA Institute as allocated by the Manager and Project Managers, by procuring new projects capable of positively affecting LADA Institutes financial targets.
- Effectively maintaining and monitoring project plans, deadlines, schedules, budgets and expenditures in line with Gantt monitoring milestones, spending guide and approved project budgets.
- Strategically assessing project risk issues, providing and executing effective solutions in consultation with the Manager and Project Managers in a timely fashion.
- Ensure all projects adhere to frameworks, quality benchmarks and that all documentation is maintained in hard form and ERS’d appropriately and within timeframes set.
- Supervise and train all team members, interns, pupils and national service personnel to help them attain their developmental goals and also help in ingraining the LADA way of executing projects to meet technical objectives so as to maintain the LADA’s organisational working culture.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Abilities: Use initiative, decide priorities, lead and mentor team.
- At least 5 years post-degree relevant experience in a similar capacity.
- Skills: Advance use of Microsoft Office tools, high-level business report writing and presentation skills, good organizer, and good interpersonal relations.
- High standard of education in appropriate NGO, business, or legal field (preferably MBA/MSC/ MA/LLM) and administration qualifications or similar.
- Key Capabilities: In-depth research ability, Project conception, and development, monitoring and implementation, advocacy, and fund-raising.
- Professional and technical knowledge acquired by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices and participating in professional societies.
- Embodies and lives the values of the organization as well as have the ability to inspire other employees to embody and live out the company values.