· Manage the day-to-day operation of the Group’s Compliance requirements, and ensure that the Board of Directors, management and employees are in compliance with the rules and regulations of regulatory agencies such as the Securities & Exchange Commission (SEC), the Ghana Stock Exchange (GSE), and the Financial Intelligence Centre (FIC), and that company policies and procedures are being followed.
· Develop, maintain, and update compliance policies and procedures to prevent illegal, unethical, or improper conduct.
· Monitor new legal and regulatory developments and update policies and procedures accordingly.
· Review, maintain, and update required compliance and corporate files and produce scheduled regulatory filings for Group companies, as mandated by the SEC, the GSE, the FIC and other applicable regulators.
· Respond to regulatory inquiries and third party examiners, and provide reports on a regular basis, and as directed or requested, to keep the Board and senior management informed of the operation and progress of compliance efforts.
· Review marketing materials and investor communications to ensure compliance with relevant laws and regulations.
· Conduct appropriate surveillance of business activities, including a review of investment allocations and investment guidelines and restrictions, specifically as it relates to the firm’s registered investment products.
· Work with the Human Resources Department to develop effective ongoing compliance training for all employees and managers.
· Conduct due diligence investigations into client activity, and analyse transactions and financial data and investigate and detect possible money laundering activities.
· Report unusual transactions that could relate to money laundering or terrorist finance activities to regulators.
· Review services and bid agreements of the various subsidiaries and clients.
· Provide legal advice on the management of mutual funds and unit trust.
· Provide internal audit function to the Group
· Special projects as necessary.
Specific Skills Requirements
· Knowledge in the Securities Industry Law, PNDC Law 333, Securities Industry Amendment Act, Act 590, Unit Trusts and Mutual Funds Regulations, L.I 1695, relevant Regulatory and Legislative Policy & Procedures for the Financial Sector.
· Knowledge in the Anti-Money Laundering Act, 2008 (Act 749) and industry guidelines on Anti-Money Laundering and the Combating of the Financing of Terrorism (AML/CFT).
· Ability to exhibit sound and accurate judgement.
· Ability to multitask and meet deadlines.
Educational/Certification Requirements and Work Experience
· A minimum of 10 years of investment banking and capital markets experience.
· A minimum of a MBA/Msc in Finance/ Risk/ Investment from a reputable university.
· Should have successfully completed the Ghana Stock Exchange (GSE) Securities Courses and passed the examinations at all levels.