Overall Objective of Job: The Accountant reports directly to the Commercial Finance Manager and assumes an operational role in the transaction processing, control and reporting within the finance function of the company. The Accountant role has a primary day-to-day responsibility for ensuring proper accounting of business transactions across all the branches and at the Head Office, taking full responsibility for the general ledger, support all forms of audit both internal and statutory as and when directed by CFM and ensuring solid controls and processes at all levels.
Specific Roles & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for general ledger accounting for the Business. This will involve ensuring that all transactions are recorded in accordance with proper standards and on time, leading to accurate reporting.
- Ensure financial records are maintained in compliance with accepted policies and procedures.
- Ensure the preparation of monthly bank reconciliation for all bank accounts and all petty cash accounts for all Branches including the main petty cash account at the head office. The Accountant shall ensure all reconciliations are reviewed by the Commercial Finance Manager on monthly basis.
- Audit and verify all documents, ensuring active expenditure control to ensure that all expenditures are within approved budgets.
- Assist in documentation, implementation, and monitoring of Raincoat’s internal controls across the Business.
- Facilitate and complete monthly closing procedures. Working closely with the commercial The financial manager, the Accountant shall ensure completeness and accuracy of all transactions during the monthly reporting and provide the relevant support to the Commercial Finance manager during month-end reporting.
- Actively participate in the annual statutory audits.
- Handle all statutory payments for the business ensuring timely and accurate payments.
- Ensure accurate, appropriate and timely recording of expenses both at the branch level and Head office.
- Ensure all vendor invoices have been correctly posted on the system and are paid to terms of the business- management of account payables
Applicants should send their application letter and CV to: email@example.com