Right to Dream (RTD) Ghana is a full scholarship residential Academy in the Eastern Region, delivering life changing opportunities to students through education, elite football and character education, helping them fulfil their potential and become purpose driven leaders. The RTD Ghana Education runs a flexible core primary/secondary Cambridge program with other non-traditional subjects to students from grade 5-11.
We are now looking for a qualified and experienced lower school teacher who:
- Is an excellent, skilled practitioner and can deliver learning of the highest quality.
- Is positive, enthusiastic and loves to make learning happen.
- Embraces CPD and shares our values and ambitious vision for the future.
- Cares deeply about the student's achievements and development.
- Builds positive relationships with the students and knows how to nurture them.
As a lower school teacher you will:
- Set high academic standards for students with gaps in basic writing, reading, speaking and numerical skills.
- Carry out teaching duties in accordance with the Academy's schemes of work and curriculum documents.
- Prepare advance lessons plans that teach core objectives and principles that are relevant to students' progression.
- Develop and maintain teaching and learning resources at the Lower School.
- Develop innovative learning engagements with practical hand-on activities and new educational technologies and resources for foundational years.
- Attend weekly staff meeting to address unique situations or problems affecting individual student's progression.
- Monitor and report performance data of students to determine where changes needs to be made with regards to curriculum and instructional strategies and if needed, prepare ILPs.
- Develop a collaborative relationship with teachers at the lower school for collegial support and delivering of termly objectives.
- Perform any other duties as required by the Head Teacher.
What We Offer
- Polite, respectful students who are eager to learn. . Colleagues who are warm, supportive and have a great sense of humour.
- A commitment to staff CPD.
- A leadership team committed to staff well-being.
- A great location from which to bring the curriculum to life.
Qualification and Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Education (Early Childhood/Foundational Year).
- Ideally with a PG Diploma in Montessori Teaching.
- Fluency in spoken French will be an added advantage.
- Previous teaching experience of 5 years and above.
Salary and Other Benefits
Salary and other benefits to be discussed with the potential candidate during the interview.
Start Date: January 2020.
Location: Eastern Region, (New Akrade)
Please include a motivation letter outlining what you can offer the school (this should include extra-curricular activities) to your CV