Managing the day to day activities of a growing logistics company with an increasing footprint in the West African region.
Developing the range of services offered by the company for national and cross border deliveries providing the highest level of service to local and international clients. Imagination, innovation and attention to detail with exceptional people management skills are essential elements of this role.
Key Areas of Responsibility include:
- Managing the team and overseeing operations, documentation, invoicing, customer service and sales.
- Developing the different services offered by the company and looking for opportunities in for example transit business, freight management service, supply chain management, warehousing.
- Identification and selection of support staff as required
- Vendor management
- Ensure all business is conducted in a safe manner and compliant with relevant local and international laws and following existing company policies.
- Liaise with external shipping agents, port authorities and other stake holders to maximise operational efficiency and achieve existing KPIs.
- Work with internal company project and operational personnel to maximise operational efficiency and achieve existing KPIs.
- Maintain and expand the customer portfolio, develop excellent customer relations.
- Coach, mentor, train and motivate the logistics team, sharing best practice, to ensure that all Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality standards are adhered to per company policies.
- Oversee invoicing and job costings.
Qualifications & Skills
- Relevant Diploma or bachelor’s degree
- Experience in at least one of the following sectors: oil & gas sector/mining / transport/shipping/ logistics industries with at least 5 years in a managerial or senior position.
- Up to date knowledge of working practices at Takoradi and Tema harbours.
- Experience in freight forwarding, cargo movements including but not limited to: offshore and onshore operations, warehousing, materials management.
- Sales management experience preferred
- Knowledge of tender process and management
- Knowledge of transit procedures to land-locked countries
- Ability to provide effective management of day to day operations in logistics and continue to build a strong logistics structure
- Leadership, interpersonal, motivational, presentation and negotiation skills
- Good analytical skills
- Good command of the English language. French is a plus
- Proficiency in MS Office: Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook.