Position based in Greater Accra, Ghana
Ethical Apparel Africa is a sourcing company that provides international apparel brands with ethical, cost competitive and quality manufacturing solutions in West Africa.
Our vision is to demonstrate that ethical manufacturing can and should be done at scale, not just associated with luxury or expensive products. Based in Ghana and Benin, EAA has a dynamic team bringing decades of experience from around the world in product development, quality assurance, account management, social impact, operations and finance.
EAA is working to unlock the tremendous potential of the West Africa apparel industry, supporting African-owned factories to grow exports to the US, UK, and Europe.
EAA focuses on developing factories in a lean, sustainable, and ethical way that sets the standard for garment manufacturing in a West African context.
We work closely with government and development agencies to develop an ecosystem for industrial growth -- including the launch of a Center of Excellence for local skill development and efforts to catalyze investment in an integrated cotton value chain. By 2025 we aim to create 5,000 worthwhile jobs in the apparel sector in West Africa.
This is an exciting time to join EAA.
We are searching for a Logistics Manager to lead our company’s logistics operations through a phase of ambitious growth.
We are looking for a dynamic, experienced logistics professional who is capable of simultaneously engaging in detailed day to day execution while providing strategic insight to improve cost effectiveness and speed.
The ideal candidate will be an excellent communicator with outstanding interpersonal abilities.
The Logistics Manager will be based in Accra (Ghana) and will report to the Business Development Director.
They will be accountable for the following areas:
- Ensure the Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) of Export and Import are detailed,clear, and continuously improved in line with EAA standards
- Strategically plan all material/product movement, warehousing, transportation and customer service requirements
- Engage in calls and communication with clients to share/receive feedback and improve our levels of service
- Research ideal shipping techniques, routing, and carriers; Select shipping carriers and negotiate contracts and rates
- Supervise, coach and train logistic executives and warehouse workforce in the factories
- Actively bring solutions and new ideas to continuously improve systems and tools
- Plan and monitor inbound and outgoing deliveries. Direct, optimize and coordinate the full order cycle of a shipment.
- Work closely with the Raw Material (RM) Manager and respective accounts team to consolidate all incoming raw materials and equipment. Be meticulous in chasing suppliers and checking packing lists for all Benin and Ghana incoming goods.
- Organize and monitor all inward and outward parcels of fabrics, trims and samples in Benin and Ghana pre and post production, liaising with courier companies and ensuring value for money and service.
- Manage warehouse, transportation, and other logistics processes. Conduct checks with factories to ensure proper goods received notes are being recorded.
- Keep track of cost, productivity, accuracy and timeliness and use this information on a regular basis to evaluate ourselves and our logistics partners against targets
- Comply with Ghana and Benin laws, regulations and destination country requirements
- Ensure that the logistics tracker tools are updated every week and shared with the EAA team and with clients / factories as relevant
- Audit all factory documentation - packing list / commercial invoice and client specific documents - to ensure accuracy and alignment prior to the shipment leaving
- Oversee accuracy of FreeZone documentation submitted by EAA-owned facility/ies
- Liaise with customs as needed to ensure smooth processes and compliance to all requirements
- Ensure that the custom approvals are obtained, necessary documents and in-land logistics are arranged for 3rd party RM transfers.
- Maintain the performance scorecards of the logistics partners and provide timely feedback and work on improvements.
- Ensure all documentation required for outgoing shipments is obtained on time and accurate first time - example AGOA stamps
- Ensure all inbound and outbound activities are conducted legally and in accordance with EAA’s anti-bribery policy
Qualifications and Attributes
- University Degree in Business Administration, Logistics or Supply Chain
- At least 5 years’ experience working in Logistics in a hands-on role
- In-depth knowledge of logistics processes, shipment documentation, customs requirements; Strong network of logistics contacts
- Proficient in standard logistics software
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills across cultures.
- Analytical and entrepreneurial mindset
- Dynamic energy with a passion for working in an enterprise with a social mission
- Evidence of the following characteristics: Proactive, self awareness; resilient and adaptable; persistent and resourceful; able to work under pressure and respect deadlines, apt at both strengthening relationships and resolving problems, poised, active listener; fun to work with; full of integrity; ability to multi-task and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Fluent in English.
- Salary level dependent on candidate experience and profile
- Transportation allowance
- Health insurance
- 25 days of annual leave in addition to Ghana national holidays
- Opportunity to join a key department of an award-winning, dynamic, and mission driven organization that welcomes strategic input from all members
How to apply
- Starting date ASAP
- Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis
- Please send a resume and specific cover letter for the position to firstname.lastname@example.org with the reference in the subject line “LOGISTICS 21”
- Only completed applications with accurate reference will be considered and only the most qualified candidates shortlisted for interview
Ethical Apparel Africa is an equal opportunity employer, both men and women are encouraged to apply.
For more information: www.ethicalapparelafrica.com
How to Apply?
Please log in to see application instructions.