- Select carriers and negotiate contracts and rates.
- Plan and monitor inbound and outgoing deliveries.
- Supervise logistics, warehouse, transportation, and customer services.
- Organize warehouse, label goods, plot routes, and process shipments.
- Respond to any issues or complaints.
- Research ideal shipping techniques, routing, and carriers.
- Work with other departments to incorporate logistics with company procedures and operations.
- Evaluate budgets and expenditures.
- Update and evaluate metrics to assess performance and implement enhancements.
- Ensure all operations adhere to laws, guidelines, and ISO requirements.
Qualification and Requirements
- Must be a Graduate (preferably in Science)
- Diploma in Supply Chain/Stores preferred
- A Minimum of 5 years experience in a similar position, preferably a manufacturing unit. Those with exposure to Engineering stores and Plastics will have an advantage.
- Good knowledge of Excel, Word is a MUST. Knowledge of using other computer programs desired.
- Candidates with past exposure to buying of stores, spares, consumables, and lubricants will be preferred.