Area of Responsibility –Local Grants and Partnerships to support the country strategy of Plan International Ghana.
1) Strategic Management of local Fundraising and partnerships
Initiate and coordinate the development and regular update of Plan International Ghana's policy, plans, and guidelines on local Fundraising and partnerships;
Initiate and coordinate under the supervision of the Business Development Manager and in concert with the Technical Advisors and the Head of Programmes and other relevant functional units, a framework for effective local fundraising and partnerships to achieve strategic and programmatic objectives per country strategy;
Initiate and coordinate under the supervision of the Business Development Manager the development and monitoring of the implementation of guidelines for local fundraising as well as the operationalization of the partnerships cycle.
Ensure the partnerships cycle is aligned to Plan International’s global building better partnerships (BBP) approach.
2) Operational management of the Local Fundraising and partnerships
a) Local Grants Acquisition and Management:
- Ensure readily available data per country programmes priorities for easy reference for proposal and concept note development.
- Develop a schedule for local resource mobilization within Plan International Ghana.
- Maintains a database of all potential donors for purpose of local fund raising
- Support the preparation and review of local grants proposal budget
- Reviews concept notes and proposals for submission to the Business Development Manager
- Monitors local Grants Implementation in the field.
b) Local Grants Reporting: Support local Grants Reporting to ensure they meet local donor requirements and produce no negative/adverse feedback. To do this, the role will:
- Develop, update and maintain a schedule for grants reporting detailing the donor, reporting requirements, type of reports, deadlines etc
- Facilitates timely follow ups on donor deadlines
c) Local Donor Relationship Management:
- Facilitate timely follow ups on local donor deadlines and ensure that all local donor queries are adequately addressed
- Review reports due local donors and ensure that reports meet donor reporting requirements as per FADs and other documented agreements and recommend actions to Business Development Manager.
d) Partnerships Management:
- Coordinate the development of partnership agreements and financing agreements;
- Coordinate in collaboration with relevant technical teams, the assessment of institutional and operational capacity partner institutions and their capacity building plans;
- In collaboration with Managers of various projects / Programs and Technical Advisors, ensure that Plan International Ghana respects the principles of partnership and fulfills its obligations towards partner institutions and on the other hand that the partner institutions respect their contractual commitments effectively and on time (respect for the principles of partnership, diligent implementation of activities, achievement of expected performance in terms of indicators, timely filing of schedules and reports, compliance with rules associated with management of funds and personnel assigned to the Programs, etc.)
- Coordinate activities of closure, renewal and sustainable partnerships and alliances.
Ensures that Plan International’s global policies for Safeguarding Children and Young People and Gender Equality and Inclusion are fully embedded in accordance with the principles and requirements of the policy including relevant Implementation Standards and Guidelines as applicable to their area of responsibility. This includes, but is not limited to, ensuring staff and associates are aware of and understand their responsibilities under these policies and Plan International’s Code of Conduct (CoC), their relevance to their area of work, and that concerns are reported and managed in accordance with the appropriate procedures.
- High contact with, project teams and support staff at Country and field Office levels to support locally raised grants implementation and effective partnerships.
- Maintains medium contact with partners, Multilateral Companies and organisations operating in Ghana.
TECHNICAL EXPERTISE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
Gained through education, training, & experience
Qualification and Experience
- Master’s degree in Marketing, Public Relations, Development Studies/Social Sciences or related area
- Have at least 4-6 years working experience in a related field
- Has good understanding of contemporary resource mobilization and management in the Ghanaian and global context
- Experience in Gender, Advocacy and partnerships Development related issues.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office packages (Word, Excel, Internet Software and Power Point)
Demonstrated behaviours needed by the post holder to successfully perform the role.
- Continuous commitment to high performance and improvement.
- Ability to work in a team
- Committed to the protection of the rights of the child
- Communicates clearly and effectively
- Knowledge in development issues affecting children
Skills Specific to the post needed to put knowledge into practice
- Crisis management skills
- Negotiation and Influencing skills
- Good Business Development and Marketing skills
- Proven leadership and supervisory skills
- Excellent human relations skills
- Excellent Communication and IT skills
- Tactical planning skills
- Facilitation, presentation, training and communication skills
- Project management skills
- Monitoring and evaluation skills
- Critical thinking and analytical skills