Fidelus Technologies is looking for a motivated individual with good customer service skills, a good fundamental understanding of technology and a strong aptitude for learning to join our Managed Services team in Ghana.
Here at Fidelus, we specialize in advanced troubleshooting, maintenance, and proactive & reactive support for Cisco Network, Collaboration and Unified Communications environments of all sizes. As a member of our team, we will help develop you into an advanced Level-2+ support Engineer, specializing in Cisco Collaboration and Networking technologies for a globally diverse client base. You will take on complex issues, develop and leverage your expertise and skills to provide effective solutions to our clients’ challenges. Fidelus Managed Service Engineers must be able to think on their feet, multitask, prioritize, keep their cool and excel in a fast-paced team orientated environment.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
Level-1 Cisco Support Engineers offer first level technical support triage and troubleshooting. You are at the frontline for client escalations and proactive monitoring and are responsible for gathering information, requesting additional details, determining the initial priority, and accurately documenting detailed information regarding clients’ concerns and requests within the ticketing system. In addition, you will also be responsible for reviewing events received via proactive monitoring and ensuring those events are accurately triaged into support tickets within Fidelus service level targets. You will interact with clients via phone and e-mail and provide a high-level of customer service.
- Answer inbound phone calls to the client service queue.
- Respond to proactive monitoring, escalation requests and/or customer reported issues.
- Identify and assign NEW, ESCALATED and UNASSIGNED tickets.
- Monitor the Event Console and categorize/organize all relevant and related Events into a ticket.
- Suspend and restore proactive monitoring during maintenance tasks.
- Report any monitoring issues to the monitoring platform Administrator when appropriate.
- Perform initial information gathering and assess priority for all new tickets.
- Perform 1st touch remediation effort on moderate and low priority tickets.
- Escalate tickets when 1st level remediation efforts are unsuccessful or when requested by the client.
- Validate and update ticket details during their lifecycle to ensure accuracy.
- Clearly communicate status and next steps to client contacts.
- Accurately resolve issues using a combination of close and resolution codes + documenting the steps performed to resolve the concern.
- Accurately follow directions and execute simple administrative moves, adds changes and deletions on Collaboration and Networking systems.
WHO YOU ARE:
- You’ll be expected to understand, be familiar with and maintain working knowledge regarding the use of ServiceNow ITSM, ScienceLogic monitoring, Uplinx Reporting tool and related software or other tools required to deliver the support service after on-boarding.
- You should be proficient with standard office productivity tools such as Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
o Engineering: 0 - 2 YEARS
o Service Desk: 0 - 2 YEARS
o Industry: 0 - 2 YEARS
- Education or Training:
o Bachelor of Science in a related field or equivalent work experience preferred
o Required – None
– Cisco Certified Entry Networking Technician (CCENT), ITIL Foundation