A Marketing Concern based in Ghana is desirous of securing the services of an experienced professional as a Legal Services/HR Officer to assist in managing the company’s recruiting, learning and development and employee performance programs. Candidate must have a degree in Law in addition to a good first degree or certification in Human Resource Management or in Industrial Relations and Personnel Management. He/she must have 2-4 years’ verifiable experience in a manufacturing/FMCG facility in Ghana.
Legal Officer Responsibilities
- Provide Legal Advice
Using oral or written platforms, the Legal Officer will be expected to brief staff members on legal issues, potential liabilities, and possible courses of actions. This involves translating complicated legal jargon into language which everyone can understand, as well as taking all possible legal problems into consideration before making any recommendations. All recommendations which the Legal Officer makes must be in complete compliance with the law and must also strive to minimize risk for the organization.
- Process Documents
The Legal Officer will frequently need to write and review legal documents, contracts, agreements, this task makes up of a significant portion of the day-to-day work of Legal Officers and requires both focus and precision.
- Identify Risks
Ideally, legal issues should be nipped in the bud before they even begin. This is why it’s essential for Legal Officers to regularly analyse the actions and decisions of the company in order to identify problem areas, suggest alternative courses of action and mitigate risk as much as possible.
HR Officer responsibilities include:
- Designing compensation and benefits packages, implementing performance review procedures (e.g. quarterly/annual and 360° evaluations).
- Developing fair HR policies and ensuring employees understand and comply with them.
- HR Executive responsibilities include creating referral programs, updating HR policies, and managing our hiring processes.
- Implement effective sourcing, screening, and interviewing techniques
- Assess training needs and coordinate learning and development initiatives for all employees
- Monitor HR department’s budget
- Manage employees’ grievances
- Measure employee retention and turnover rates
- Generate various reports for Executive Management on a daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly basis concerning the Human Resource Management
- Oversee daily operations of the HR department
- Proven work experience as a Legal/HR Officer or similar role
- Familiarity with Human Resources Management Systems and Applicant Tracking Systems
- Experience with full-cycle recruiting
- Good knowledge of labour legislation (particularly employment contracts, employee leaves and insurance)
- Solid communication skills,
- LL. B and degree or certification in in Human Resources Management or relevant field.
Personal Qualities Skills Required for the Job:
- Team Management Skills,
- Analytical Thinking,
- Adheres strictly to organizational/sector policies and procedures.
- Integrity and confidentiality,
- Acceptability: personal style not abrasive to colleagues or customers.
- Planning and organizing ability to establish an efficient and appropriate course of action for self; strong organizational skills.
- Work standards,
- Practical learning, Detail Handling, Energy,
- Efficiency and effectiveness,
- Personal organization and self-discipline,
- Attendance and Reliability.
Only candidates who fit the profile will be shortlisted and contacted.