A Legal / HR Manager must be an experienced professional with deep knowledge of all matters concerning Legal / HR departments. You should be able to manage programs and lead staff while also possessing a strong strategic mindset.
· Responsible for drafting, reviewing and finalization of national and international contracts and all types of legal documents for accuracy and compliance with all the applicable laws, regulations, internal policies & organization objectives
· Responsible for drafting and reviewing of legal notices, replies, complaints, counter-affidavits, power of attorney, written statements, applications, and their reply and other incidental documents.
· Liaise with functional departments to ensure that where legal risks have been identified, appropriate Course of action been taken.
· Provide legal protection and risk management advice to top management especially on contract management.
· Develop corporate plans for a variety of HR matters such as compensation, benefits, health and safety etc.
· Act to support the human factor in the company by devising strategies for performance evaluation, staffing, training and development etc.
· Oversee all HR initiatives, systems and tactics
· Supervise the work of HR personnel and provide guidance
· Serve as the point of contact for employment relations and communicate with labor unions
· Rendering effective legal assistance in the preparation of legal opinions, studies, reports, and correspondence, as required from time to time by various Heads of Departments.
· Review and advise top management on the legal implications of internal policies and procedures.
· Supervise and oversee the review, negotiation, and drafting of major contracts, tender documents, and other legal documents, as required by the other departments.
· Formulate compliance check-lists to be used for the purpose of ensuring that all information required is provided accordingly by different functional departments.
· Continuously monitor compliance with statutory and legal obligations and advise management accordingly..
· Provide leadership, training and ensure efficient and effective management of staff and resources in the Legal / HR department.
· LL.M. / LLB
· 8 years at the Bar
· Full understanding of the way an organization operates to meet its objectives
· Excellent knowledge of employment legislation and regulations
· Thorough knowledge of human resource management principles and best practices
· A business acumen partnered with attention to the human element
· Knowledge of data analysis and reporting
· Excellent organizational and leadership skills
· Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
· Diligent and firm with high ethical standards