Our company is searching for a motivated and experienced compliance officer to guarantee that our business processes and transactions follow all relevant legal and internal guidelines. Your duties will include reviewing employee work, developing company policies, and responding to policy violations.
- Minimum Qualification:MBA / MSc
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:3 years
Job Duties and Tasks:
- Responsible for providing legal advice to the company and all clients in relation to regulatory compliance.
- To serve as Company Secretary representative for all the firm’s company secretarial clients
- Drafting and review of contracts, MOUs, and partnership/collaboration agreements at the firm
- May be requested to represent the company in all legal related meetings
- Responsible for carrying out Company Secretarial duties for clients in accordance with the Companies Act, 2019 (Act 992, Section 212), such as: Preparing all necessary documentation associated with the Board of Directors, and Annual General Meetings (including preparing notices, attending meetings, taking, and preparing minutes) and ensuring meetings follow appropriate procedures, Maintain statutory books such as register of members, directors, and secretaries, etc. Dealing with Board correspondences, circulating reports, and ensuring decisions made are communicated to all Board members, Monitoring changes in the Company laws of Ghana and the regulatory environment and advising on appropriate actions, liaising with external regulators and advisors, such as lawyers, and auditors in the performance of company secretarial functions in line with the Companies Act, 2019 (Act 992) and Ensuring clients remain compliant by completing and filing of statutory returns or forms for amendment at the Registrar Generals Department (such as filing of Annual Returns, changes; in directorship, company secretary, auditors, and shareholding, stated capital, office address, etc.
- Generating new business leads through various marketing mediums and handling of referrals assigned.
- Management of inquiries, facilitating and processing of client requests.
- Prepares proposals and service quotations as well as monthly reports on activities including new business leads.
- Writing of Compliance related articles and partaking in webinars and podcasts.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops and reviewing professional publications.
- Ensures accurate record keeping through proper filing and documentation of client information.
- Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping client’s information confidential
- Accomplish results by performing assigned tasks and targets.
- Other related legal advisory services that may be needed by clients or the company.
- Other duties that may be assigned.
Required Qualification: LLB/Master of law/other equivalents Professional Certification in a relevant field with 3-4 years experience in a similar position.
- Must be a member of the Ghana Bar Association.
Required Skills and Knowledge:
- Proven legal or business regulatory compliance experience
- In-depth knowledge of Company Secretarial Practices
- Adequate knowledge and experience in minutes taking
- Ability to multitask and work effectively under pressure
- Accuracy and attention to details
- Well-organized and result oriented
- Good communication (oral and written) skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Computer knowledge (Word, Excel, PPT, etc.)
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.