Crytek is looking for a Lead Technical Artist with a focus on pipeline and tools, to help the games and engine teams in their Tech Art needs. This person will be responsible for the backend/pipeline of cutting-edge real-time graphics and technology development. This role helps us to improve our Pipeline and provide the necessary Tools for Artists, to streamline and speed up their workflow.
- Minimum Qualification: Degree
- Experience Level: Senior level
- Experience Length: 10 years
- Lead the day-to-day management of the Technical Art – Tools/Pipeline team;
- Drive the development of the Technical Art – Tools/Pipeline team;
- Along with the Technical Director & Producer conduct regular appraisal, review and objective setting for the Technical Art – Tools/Pipeline team;
- Ensure good communication & coordination between your department and other disciplines involved in the development process;
- Steer the recruitment process by conducting interviews and helping to drive the selection of staff with the team;
- Give constructive feedback to your team members and their work to achieve the best possible results;
- Help team members to grow and improve and generally care for a healthy team environment;
- Prepare tasks & monitor the overall schedule for the technical art – tools/pipeline team in conjunction with Technical Artists, Producers and other Project Managers;
- Collaborate with discipline leads to evaluate and develop production processes that fits the team’s requirements and be able to coordinate and communicate to the Technical Art Team;
- Define and enforce good working practices and structure for the given project, based on scope and resources.;
- Keep up with the latest technology trends;
- Prepare and coordinate tasks with other Technical Artists.
- 10+ years of professional experience in software or games;
- At least 1 AAA title shipped as a Lead Technical Artist;
- Knowledgeable in using Python, C/C++, C#, MEL/Maxscript and common DCC tools such as Houdini, Maya, Max, and Blender;
- Management and project planning experience;
- Excellent understanding of production procedures and software employed in the team;
- Expert understanding of current game art processes, limitations and dependencies;
- Strong ability to give constructive, precise and clear feedback in all processes of asset creation, while not losing sight of the bigger picture;
- Good interpersonal skills;
- Good motivational skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communication;
- Able to manage, plan and organize time;
- Ability to work under pressure and with tight deadlines at all levels;
- Ability to manage the demands of numerous people and tasks;
- Team leadership qualities and a team player.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.