We are searching for an innovative Lead Developer to join our company. As the Lead Developer, you will oversee the company’s technical / development team and all projects they undertake, analyze briefs, write progress reports, identify risks, and develop work schedules. As a Lead Developer, you should be able to work with your team and inspire them to reach their goals. We are looking for someone who can be a coach and a team player, leading a team of developers in close collaboration with the Head of Product. You will be responsible for managing the team’s work, including planning projects, assigning tasks to individual developers, evaluating skills, allocating resources, leading overall team’s capacity management, and ensuring that everyone stays on track and meets deadlines.
- Minimum Qualification:Degree
- Experience Level:Senior level
- Experience Length:4 years
- Determine project requirements and develop work schedules for the team.
- Manage a development team of 2 to 10 programmers; report to the head of Product and/or stakeholders about their team’s progress.
- Delegate tasks and achieve daily, weekly, and monthly goals; ensure that the team completes the software projects on time and on budget.
- Monitor development activities to ensure that projects are being carried out according to plan.
- Liaise with team members, management, and clients to ensure projects are completed to standard.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot problems with existing applications or programs to identify the source of the issue. Identify risks and form contingency plans as soon as possible.
- Be transparent with the team about challenges, failures, and successes.
- Motivate staff and create a space where they can ask questions and voice their concerns.
- Update work schedules and perform troubleshooting as required.
- Analyze existing operations and schedule training sessions and meetings to discuss improvements.
- Write code, test code written by others, and debug code to fix errors in logic or performance.
- Maintain code bases by reviewing existing code to identify problematic areas that need improvement or rewriting sections altogether.
- Work with designers to create new interfaces or improve existing ones
- Collaborate with the product owner to create documentation to explain how new features work or how existing features should be used.
- Write progress reports and deliver presentations to the relevant stakeholders.
- Work closely with the senior architect to plan and deliver secure, stable and fast infrastructures across the board whilst introducing the best technologies and practices to increase the quality of service and boost the developer experience.
- Keep up-to-date with industry trends and developments.
- Serve as a mentor for new or lower-level software developers, as well as all members of the development team. It is their responsibility to set sound development standards through methods like pair programming and code reviews.
- As a leader, it’s important to be able to solve problems. A skill like problem-solving can help find solutions to issues that arise during the development process; use problem-solving to identify the source of a problem, develop a solution and implement the solution to fix the problem.
- Although the lead programmer’s responsibilities are primarily technical, they also act as a liaison between programmers and management. They take accountability for their team’s development plans and manage the delegation of tasks alongside the project manager; and communicate effectively with the team.
- Partner with the Head of Product supporting the product planning/deliverables/roadmap based on realistic resource and capacity allocation and projections.
- Assist in hiring technical positions; conduct technical interviews and reviews of the technical exam; advise management on other technical matters, offering a unique perspective in decision making.
- Must be able to work remotely and be a mentor and a team player
- Perform other job-related duties as requested
- Possess good writing/communication, and interpersonal skills
- Excellent command of spoken and written English along with a proactive working attitude would also be essential for this role
- Strong organizational skills and exemplary attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and multi-task and prioritize a high volume of projects and tasks at one time.
- Availability for after-hours work assignments as scheduled.
- Ability to work with diverse departments across an organization.
- Excellent logical reasoning and analytical skills to effectively assess and communicate metrics.
- Passionate about the digital landscape with desire for continuous learning and development.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or a related field, and/or equivalent work experience.
- Relevant Management certification or work experience as a mentor to other junior software engineers on design patterns, development best practices and DevOps trade-offs
- Experience with all ancillary technologies necessary for Internet applications: HTTP, TCP/IP, POP/SMTP, etc.
- Working knowledge of object-oriented design and development skills
- Successful track record of developing quality software products and shipping production ready software
- Good understanding of Web Services protocols such as REST, SOAP, and API design for extensibility and portability
- Solid understanding of the Software as a Service (SaaS) model in the online environment
- Design, develop and implement unit and scenario testing for existing code base and for new functionality under development
- Experience with Scrum/Agile development methodologies
- Experience in a similar role would be advantageous.
- Excellent technical, diagnostic, and troubleshooting skills required.
- Strong leadership and organizational abilities required.
- Willingness to build professional relationships with staff and clients.
- Excellent communication, motivational, and interpersonal skills.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.