We are an FMCG production and manufacturing company seeking to meet the needs of Ghanaians in the food and beverage industry. The role is for the production of natural mineral water.
- Perform routine chemical and physical analysis of water; treated and produced water, to ensure compliance with compliance and standards regulations.
- Collection of water samples at various stages of treatment and production
- Prepare solutions, reagents, equipment, apparatus and accessories and other supplies needed at the lab.
- Conduct monthly inventory of chemicals, reagents, solutions, and other supplies and equipment essential to laboratory operation.
- Prepare and maintain technical reports on results of water analyses conducted.
- Clean, sterilize, calibrate, and maintain equipment and apparatus used in all tests and analysis.
- Prepare microbiological and test media.
- Maintain accurate files; enter test results into the computer and generate necessary reports.
- Perform quality control and quality assurance tests of samples and maintain quality control procedures in the laboratory.
- Ensure adherence to safe work practices and procedures as well as federal and state laws, rules, and regulations.
- Clean laboratory testing equipment.
- Provide lab training to plant personnel on proper lab methods, procedures, and techniques.
- Participate in special projects as assigned.
- Perform related duties as required.
Qualification and Requirements
The following generally describes the knowledge and ability required to enter the job and/or be learned within a short period of time in order to successfully perform the assigned duties.
- Knowledge of: Laboratory techniques, equipment, terminology, and procedures. Principles and practices of qualitative and quantitative chemistry, mathematics, biology, microbiology, and bacteriology.
- Principles of chemical and physical analysis. Modern laboratory procedures, methods and computer equipment. Sampling procedures and field equipment. Mathematics. Occupational hazards and standard safety practices. Pertinent federal, state, and local laws, codes and regulations.
- Ability to: Conduct chemical, biological and bacteriological examinations and analyses. Conduct mathematical calculations. Operate analytical laboratory instruments. Use and maintain laboratory equipment. Use computers and a variety of computer software programs. Prepare clear, concise and technical reports. Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing. Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- Bachelor's Degree in qualitative and quantitative chemistry, mathematics, biology, microbiology and bacteriology or relevant discipline from a reputable institute, HND, or Diploma.
- Should have at least 2+ years of working experience in quality assurance of food & beverage products.
- Must be aggressive and result-oriented in the business.
- Must be presentable
Physical Demands and Working Environment
The conditions herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
- Environment: Treatment plant lab environment; work with water; exposure to hazardous chemicals, infectious waste, and inclement weather conditions.
- Physical: Sufficient physical ability necessary for standing, walking, bending and stooping for prolonged periods of time; heavy to moderate lifting; operating motorized equipment.
- Vision: See in the normal visual range with or without correction; vision sufficient to read computer screens and printed documents. Hearing: Hear in the normal audio range with or without correction.
Applicants should send CV's to firstname.lastname@example.org, indicate role in the email Subject
How to Apply?
Please log in to see application instructions.