- Greets customers and offers restaurant menus, answers questions about menu offerings, processes food and drink orders, carries food and drinks from kitchen to tables, and prepares bills and process payments.
- Welcomes customers when they arrive at a restaurant, other eating or drinking establishment Introduces customers to the menu and announces daily or seasonal menu specials
- Answers questions about menu items, ingredients, and pricing
- Takes customers' orders for food and drink by writing them on a ticket, entering them into a tablet, or memorizing them.
- Passes customer orders along to kitchen staff for preparation.
- Prepares drinks and serves them to customers.
- Collects food orders from the kitchen, verifies that they are correct, and serves them to customers.
- Ensures that customers are satisfied with their meals and processes orders for additional courses if necessary.
- Removes used dishes, glasses, and flatware from tables.
- Prepares cheques and delivers them to customers.
- Processes cash and credit card payments and returns change to customers if necessary.
- Sets tables with dishes, glasses, and flatware and refills condiments.
- Maintains familiarity with menu items, specials, and restaurant information.
- Meets with managers and wait staff daily or regularly in order to learn about menu changes and specials as well as discuss upcoming reservations and customers with special needs.
- Waitress/ Waiter Skills and Qualifications.
- No Formal Education Required, Physical Strength, Physical Stamina, Attention to Detail, Ability to Multitask, Written and Verbal Communication, Customer Service Skills, Interpersonal Communication, Teamwork, Ability to Work Under Pressure, Positive Attitude, Familiarity With Alcohol Restrictions or Laws