- Tracking changes to design and construction work whilst tracking budgets accordingly.
- Preparation and presentation of detailed project budgets.
- Challenge & manage day-to-day cost control.
- Undertake any other work required to maintain projects to timelines set up.
- Report to the Senior Quantity Surveyor and relevant Project Managers.
- Manage orders for contractors/suppliers.
- Management of subcontractor/supplier accounts to ensure payments are processed.
- Reconcile cost/value reports and profit forecasts.
- Attend project and company-related meetings.
- Ensure timely cash flow management.
- Ensure targeted profit margins are consistently maintained.
- Cost valuation, submission and evaluation of final accounts.
- Liaise with the senior management on procurement strategy.
- Manage communication with the delivery team ensuring targets are met.
- Must be University or college-educated in Quantity Surveying, Civil Engineering, or Construction subject.
- Ideally a minimum of 2 years relevant experience (As a Quantity Surveyor/ Senior Quantity Surveyor in Construction), preferably property sector.
- Strong industry knowledge within the construction sector with proven experience in the residential or commercial sector
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing company working within a variety of sectors where you can further your career.
What we offer:
- A defined contribution pension scheme
- Competitive salary
- To work for a sustainable construction company
- Able to gain new experience
- Opportunity to learn and develop new skills
- A friendly team
Bamboo Group Africa strives to deliver social innovation through sustainable practices. We develop and construct projects to create a mix of social, environmental, economic and commercial value that benefits communities. Bamboo Construction is a subsidiary of Bamboo Group Africa.