- Monitoring and maintaining the computer systems and networks of the organization.
- Installation and configuration of computer systems, diagnosing hardware and software faults, solving technical and applications problems including printers, and scanners. either over the phone or in person.
- Reviewing, diagnosing and assessing the functionality and efficiency of systems.
- Evaluating and further developing data protection and security policies.
- Suggesting, selecting and implementing technical security measures.
- Implementing security measures for systems, monitoring security certificates, ensuring company compliance of requirements and maintaining records of software licenses.
- Offering technical support to company staff and troubleshoot computer problems.
- Repairing or replacing damaged hardware.
- Installing and training end users in new technologies.
- Monitoring performance of information technology systems to determine cost and productivity levels, and to make recommendations for improving the IT infrastructure
- Firm grasp on IT infrastructure and operations best practices
- In-depth knowledge of hardware and software
- Up-to-date knowledge of the latest IT and software trends.
- Excellent working knowledge of computer systems, security, network and systems administration, databases and data storage systems, and phone systems
- Ability to work well with people.
- Enthusiasm for continual learning
- Patient and logical mind
- Strong communications skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Strong critical thinking and decision-making skills
Academic and Professional Qualification:
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field, or equivalent experience.
- 2-4 years minimum working experience in IT operations.