- The IT Officer is responsible for the maintenance, operation, and support of all onboard computer systems, mobile devices, physical and virtual servers, networks, point-of-sale terminals, network equipment, and peripherals.
- This consists primarily of level 1 and 2 support as well as system monitoring and troubleshooting.
- The IT Officer works closely with the IT Team to ensure all onboard systems perform at optimum levels.
- 2 years or more experience in a similar position.
- Applicants must have at least two years' related experience in areas of user support within a medium-sized LAN;
- A thorough knowledge of computer systems including but not limited to Linux, MS Office, Windows Client and Server editions;
- Experience troubleshooting PC hardware, software applications, and network connectivity.
- Additional requirements include the ability to meet deadlines and maintain an attention to detail and accuracy while working under pressure in a team environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to lift and carry IT equipment weighing up to 40 pounds.
- HND or higher in computer science, MIS, or related field is strongly preferred. Professional IT certifications will be a plus.