- Managing IT staff by recruiting and training employees, communicating job expectations, and monitoring performance.
- Overseeing the annual IT budget and ensuring cost effectiveness.
- Monitoring daily operations, including server hardware, software, and operating systems.
- Coordinating technology installations, upgrades, and maintenance.
- Selecting and purchasing new and replacement hardware and software, when necessary.
- Testing, troubleshooting, and modifying information systems so that they operate effectively.
- Generating performance reports for operating systems.
- Assuring all IT activities are performed within the parameters of applicable laws, codes, and regulations.
- Evaluating technology risks in order to develop a network disaster recovery plan and backup procedures.
- Remaining up-to-date with advances in technology and industry best practices.
- Any other duties that may be assigned
- Experience in managing IT networks and Systems within any organization or an institution of higher learning or in the public or private section.
- Ability to support IT security deployment for an Institutions network and IT services
- At least 3 to 5years experience
- Candidate should have a working knowledge of DNS, Active Directory, Virtual Machine configurations and Mail system support.
- Experience in managing external vendor relationships and broad knowledge of trends and future directions of IT and its application in higher education.
- Excellent understanding of project management principles
- Ability to communicate concepts ‘and processes clearly and effectively in writing to all staff