- Monitoring daily operations, including server hardware, software, and operating systems.
- Coordinating technology installations, upgrades, and maintenance.
- Selecting and purchasing new and replacement hardware and software, when necessary.
- Testing, troubleshooting, and modifying information systems so that they operate effectively.
- Generating performance reports for operating systems.
- Designing, developing, implementing and coordinating systems, policies and procedures
- Ensuring security of data, network access and backup systems
- Assuring all IT activities are performed within the parameters of applicable laws, codes, and regulations.
- Evaluating technology risks in order to develop a network disaster recovery plan and backup procedures.
- Onboarding activities for new employees including laptop, email and software set up,
- Developing and implementing IT policy and best practice guides for the organisation
- Working with Internal Communications department to provide clear communications to employees on policies, system use, best practice, upcoming upgrades, etc.
- Overseeing the annual IT budget and ensuring cost effectiveness.
- Remaining up to date with advances in technology and industry best practices.
Key Qualifications and Experience
- A minimum 1 st Degree in Computer Science or a related field from a reputable tertiary institution.
- IT certifications in networking, systems administration
- Minimum of six (6) years relevant post qualification working experience in a similar role.
- Hands-on experience with computer networks, network administration and network installation.
- Proven work experience as an IT Manager and managing a team.
- Experience in systems administration across a number of technologies.
- Experience in Microsoft 365, Azure Active Directory, Microsoft Teams and managing a hybrid cloud/on- premises server environment.
- Experience of documenting and implementing IT policies.
- Knowledge of project management techniques and tools.
- Experience with databases, database storage systems and phone systems.
Knowledge and Skills
- Proficiency in written and spoken English. Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Strong critical thinking and decision-making skills
- Excellent analytical and strong problem-solving ability
- Strong ability to develop and maintain professional relationships with internal and external stakeholders and work effectively with all categories of employees.
- Firm grasp on IT infrastructure and operations best practices.
- Knowledge in project management principles.
- Proficient in Microsoft Windows software, including Server, Office, and Exchange administrations.
- Multi-tasking and time-management skills, with strong ability to prioritize tasks.
- Highly organized and detail oriented.