Who are we
There are 2B adults worldwide that don’t have a bank account. 2B. That’s ~40% of the world’s adult population. 350M of these live in Sub Saharan Africa. They are hardworking, young, connected adults that are invisible to the traditional banking system. Fido is changing that. We are building a borderless digital bank so that everyone can access financial products like credit, savings, and payments that make lives easier and better.
Want to be an early employee in a unique consumer brand? Want to do work that has an impact on society? Join us. We build consumer products that are powered by a magical cocktail of real-time mission-critical ML models, behavioral psychology, and financial engineering. We promote meritocracy, decide fast and commit, and worship data.
What will you do?
- You will support all aspects of the business including product design of enabling platforms and technologies as well as internally designed systems and technologies.
- You will lead the Quality Assurance (QA) , regular testing and management of all of these systems and its users.
- You will also fully manage the day-to-day issues that employees face using the tools and systems available.
- Speed of restoring users and systems back to operational status will be of the utmost priority.
- You will also support collaborations with data providers to support risk activities as well as local technical and financial service partners to resolve issues that may originate from the provision of such services to the company.
What are we looking for?
- The ideal candidate must understand both internal and external user needs and characterization and be able to co-ordinate activities between the off-shore development team and the business for design and Quality Assurance purposes
- Previous experience in project management or business analysis, especially within cross-functional teams will be preferred
- Possess strong Communication and Technical skills (Advance Excel, SQL and Python), and problem-solving skills plus an ability to learn new systems quickly with little to no supervision
- BSc in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent coupled with a minimum of two (2) years’ working experience
- Understanding of APIs and payment integrations.