This position is responsible for providing VAT/GST and legal expertise for our software products.
- Minimum Qualification:Degree
- Experience Level:Senior level
- Experience Length:5 years
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Research, define, and interpret complex tax and case law and provide recommendations to tax and nontax personnel.
- Help in the design and/or enhancement of new or existing tax software products.
- Determine how tax or rules impact organizational products regarding the addition of new content or the maintenance of existing content.
- Structure complex tax content within the organization's products in a logical manner that is consistent with system architecture and platforms.
- Perform quality assurance tasks following documented processes.
- Test complex tax content and functionality within the organization's products and internal databases.
- Provide expertise and support for testing and implementing systems and/or process changes to support increased efficiencies or conformance with tax rules.
- Contribute to the development of requirements for new tax functionality.
- Understand and resolve complex customer issues and systems architecture to develop solutions.
- Represent the organization as a subject matter expert at product demonstrations, presentations, seminars, panels and webcasts if needed.
- Lead or participates in projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Occasional business travel may be required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Superior communication (oral, written, presentation and facilitation) and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to co-present at product demonstrations, seminars, panels and webcasts.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task projects with individuals from various areas of the company.
- Able to work independently and create your own work.
- Excellent Knowledge of at least a VAT/GST regime (e.g. EU VAT regime)
- B2B/B2C transactional knowledge with specific focus in the digital economy.
- Experience in a multi-jurisdictional environment
- Research and creating new content as well as keeping up to date existing content
- Implementing any new jurisdictions
- Applying theory, implementing, and putting things into practice
- Ecommerce knowledge, how it works and how to solve issues
- Ability to handle complex VAT content in a multi-tasking environment, perform research, interact, and communicate with individuals/groups at all levels within the organization.
- Knowledge of Customs legislation is an advantage
EDUCATION AND TRAINING:
- Bachelor’s degree in law, economics, accounting or another business discipline. Master's in tax law is an advantage. Equivalent experience may substitute for some portion of the education requirement.
- Well versed in a multi-jurisdictional environment.
- Considerable experience in the field
- Experience within the e-commerce industry is an advantage
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.