- Liaise with relevant departments to ensure legal and compliance risks appropriate course of action to mitigate the risks
- Monitor compliance with statutory/regulatory obligations and advise management accordingly
- Maintain an AML framework for the business in line with local money laundering and terrorist financing requirements.
- Implement sanctions screening process to ensure all customers are screened for sanctions
- Provide training of employees on AML/CFT&P/Sanctions legislation and the requirements.
- Monitor AML systems, technology and screening tools as well as processes within the subsidiary.
- Ensure adherence to the relevant sanctions notices.
- Compile AML sanctions quarterly and annual reports which give a view on the effectiveness of the systems and controls in line with the governance reporting framework.
Minimum Job Requirements
- Bachelor – Risk Management, LLB or Audit or equivalent
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Experience
- At least 2 years of experience in legal, compliance management functions or related field.
- Experience in financial institutions
- Ability to execute effectively against strategy and exceed goals consistently.
- Ability to manage competing demands
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proactive and initiative-taking when completing tasks.
- Knowledge of AML Compliance standards
- Good understanding of corporate governance