To provide an independent appraisal, assist management to effectively discharge their responsibilities by providing relevant information for areas under review which will eventually, enhance and protect Cedi Capital’s value through the provision of risk-based and objective assurance, advice, and insight. To also provide an independent audit evaluation on systems and controls to improve the effectiveness of controls and governance process within Cedi Capital and to execute audit assignments in accordance with relevant policies, procedures, and quality standards as required by a specialized deposit taking institution.
- Minimum Qualification:Degree
- Experience Level:Management level
- Experience Length:5 years
- Internal Audit
- Internal Control
- People management
- Assist the Internal Audit function to deliver on the approved risk-based annual engagement plan.
- Conduct detailed financial, operational and compliance audits and prepare timely reports in line with the risk-based annual engagement plan.
- Review the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls within functions and identify improvement opportunities.
- Review the adequacy of controls established to ensure compliance with policies and procedures.
- Demonstrate flexibility and takes responsibility for completing the risk-based annual engagement plan.
- Ensure audit fieldwork is conducted in a professional and timely manner
- Discuss audit findings with the process owners and agree on a recommendation for improvement.
- Prepare audit report for each audit engagement
- Follow up on recommendations to make sure that effective remedial action is being taken.
- Carry out relevant internal control checks to ensure effective discharge of the control functions with the Internal Control department strategy.
- Assess, analyze and measure the risk relating to operational standards and make recommendations for policy amendments/process improvement based on emerging control issues and risks.
- Conduct prompt investigation of a breach of policy and first level investigation on frauds and forgeries including customer complaints in line with investigation guidelines.
- Carry out continuous review/assessment and evaluation of the company’s activities/systems/processes to assess compliance to internal and external policies including regulatory bodies/sectors by identifying or detecting control lapses/policy inadequacies through control activities for process.
- Participate in building strong KYC and KYC(B) compliance environment in Microfinance by providing control and compliance counseling and advisory services to executive management.
- Conduct control training/sensitizations on the learning points or recommendations arising from various investigations or policy/control lapses and monitor compliance of recommendations as need may arise.
- Train staff on Anti-fraud Awareness, and Cyber Security awareness
- Excellent planning and organizing skills
- Ability to develop strong partnerships for the achievement of business goals
- Strong knowledge of legislation and regulatory requirements
- Detail oriented
- Decisiveness and strong sense of accountability
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting , Finance or Administration
- At least 5 years to 6 years experience in a similar role
- A certification in systems Audit is an added advantage
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.