CERATH Development Organization (CDO) is an NGO focused on enhancing the livelihoods and socio-economic wellbeing of the rural and urban poor. The mission of CDO is to catalyze
development for the poor through agriculture, fisheries, Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH), renewable energy and inclusive finance.
The prospective applicant is responsible for the following project activities including
- Assists and/or leads in short- and long-term strategic planning activities to create and implement fund-raising goals and objectives.
- Map and identify new calls for proposals and partners within CDO’s thematic areas.
- Researches, writes, edits, and/or oversees the preparation of persuasive, accurate, relevant, grammatically and syntactically correct proposals, concept notes, reports, and other development-related communication materials.
- Identifies and cultivates relationships with major donors and prospects including individuals, corporations, and/or funding agencies, through visits and other forms of direct personal contact in accordance with performance targets set in collaboration with CDO.
- Assist in all research activities conducted by the organization.
- Demonstrate commitment to CDO’s mission and values
- Willingness to adapt and work in challenging terrains and communities
- Strong passion for research and development (especially for the rural and urban poor)
- Willingness to adjust to unforeseen situations and circumstances
- Good interpersonal relation and team-building skills (Ability to work in a team and to lead teams)
- Good writing and analytical skills
- Good presentation and communication skills
Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
- First Degree in Social Science related fields, Development Planning, International Development, Business Development, Community Development, Policy studies
- A master’s degree in the above fields will be preferable.
- At least 3 years’ experience in research, business development, and development planning.
Interested Applicants should send their CVs/Resumes and motivational letters to firstname.lastname@example.org