Duties and Responsibilities:
These duties include but are not limited to:
Gain New Clients
- Use various networking techniques to increase clientele.
Create Insurance Proposals and Quotes
- Write insurance proposals and quotes showing comprehensive insurance coverage breakdowns.
Issue New Policies
- Create new insurance policies for clients, collecting all necessary information and filling out all the required forms.
- Assess risks that may increase insurance premiums.
- Effectively utilize the NIC Guidance on Claims Management for the settlement and payment of claims.
Customer Service Management
- Resolve customer complaints and find solutions to satisfy their issues.
- Such other tasks as might be demanded of an individual in an entry-mid level position.
Specific skills and abilities required for continued success at this job are:
- Sales skills – Use sales techniques to gain new clients
- Customer service – Use customer service skills to keep existing clients happy
- Communication skills – Use effective oral and written communication skills to interact with clients, team members and third parties
- Analytical thinking – Use analytical skills to assess insurance policy risks
- Computer skills – Apply excellent computer skills to create new insurance policies and proposals
- Interpersonal skills – Must build and foster relationships with clients, which requires exceptional interpersonal skills
- Problem-solving skills – Must be proactive and apply problem-solving skills to manage client/policy contingencies
Exprience and Education
- At least 1 – 2 years of recent commercial property and casualty sales experience or related business-to-business sales experience.
- Experience in cold-calling and getting first appointments
- Demonstrated success in overall customer service
Education / Certification:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Management, or Marketing preferred.
- Appropriate professional insurance required.
- Willingness to continue education is essential
Salary and Employment:
- Pay range dependent on skill and contribution level.
- Generous commission plan.