The supply of quality farm inputs and providing a market for smallholders is fundamental to our interventions to smallholder farmers. The Input Sales Head will be responsible for the sourcing of quality farm inputs and deliver them promptly through farmer based organization and agrovets, building sales and referrals in the Agribusiness industry through a targeting/prospecting plan and its successful execution. He/She would work with other members of the team to generate revenue for the business through input sales across various channels and ensuring proper documentation of all operations.
- Minimum Qualification:MBA / MSc
- Experience Level:Senior level
- Experience Length:5 years
Stakeholder and Partnership Relations
- Drive our strategy to improve farmers access to and use of agro-inputs on a large-scale, at an affordable cost and in a sustainable way
- Drive effective negotiations with governments and donor agencies involved with developing strategies for input supply, including subsidy schemes, with a view to minimizing the distortional effects of subsidy schemes
- Establish and grow relationships with existing clients while building out the client referral program to expand into new clients
- Ensure smooth working relationships with partners including but not limited to negotiation, contracting and building long term relationships with them.
Sales and Business Development
- Contribute to the development and execution of pricing and promotion/business development strategies
- Research and target account based on business opportunities and potential markets
- Spearhead meetings with prospective clients, working to understand their current challenges, desires and needs
- Sell direct to early adopter channels throughout Ivory Coast
- Support extensive training, financing, and collaboration with both wholesale and retail agro-dealers to build dense, functional networks of input suppliers
- Ensure the recovery of input sales revenue from all customers both under instant and credit sales.
- Manage customer expectations and contribute to a high level of customer satisfaction
- Establish and cultivate strong relationships to ensure that all field staff maximize their career performance and job satisfaction as part of us.
- Measures progress against goals, regularly reports on progress, and holds the team accountable for prioritizing and delivering results in key strategic zones, such as program impact, cost of farmer acquisition, and revenue generated
- Oversee and manage team performance; conduct quarterly reviews so each team member is aware of progress and areas for improvement.
- Have full oversight into stock purchases and inventory at supplier warehouses and our warehouses.
- Leverage real time data to make decisions around farmer engagement, inputs sourcing, distribution and sales.
Qualification & Requirements:
- Proven experience as an Input Sales Manager or similar leadership role, 5 years +
- Leadership and Strategic Thinking abilities
- Proven success in building high-performing technical teams and working with rapid growth and implementing change
- Knowledge of technological trends to build strategy
- Understanding of budgets and business-planning
- Ability to conduct technological analyses and research
- Master's Degree in Agricultural Economics, Agribusiness or a related field
Location: La Cote D'Ivoire
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.