The Information Technology Support Intern will provide direct technical assistance and support to Multiplex Purpose Ventures with respect to network, hardware, software issues and social media marketing. Duties include installing and maintaining computer systems including software and hardware on desktops and laptops, resolving internet and network access issues (both wired and wireless), providing network printer support, meeting with staff to provide one-on-one technical assistance as needed/requested, providing training to staff on software and hardware use, determining causes of computer/software/network malfunctions through evaluation and testing and resolution via modifications, repair, or external support assistance. This is a continuous appointment, initially lasting up to 6 months with the potential to go beyond that.
- Minimum Qualification:Others
- Experience Level:Volunteer, internship
- Experience Length:3 years
- Respond to user requests for service, troubleshoot problems and help develop solutions.
- Support PC hardware components, desktop operating system software, and application software. •
- Perform minor repairs to equipment and arrange for other servicing needs.
- Identify and report system issues to vendors. Monitor and test resolution of those issues sent to vendors.
- Monitor antivirus software and update and repair computers infected with spyware, adware and/or viruses.
- Monitor backup systems and procedures to ensure data security. • Record activities, solutions and other responses to requests for service.
- Assist in maintaining inventory records and documentation for equipment.
- Contribute to technical documentation and participate in policy, procedure, and standards development.
- Consult with vendors, perform research and evaluate products to assist in the selection and purchase of equipment and installation or upgrade of systems.
- Assist users in determining appropriate software solutions to meet needs.
- Develop and provide user training for basic hardware and software use.
- Provide backup technical support for network including router, firewall, and wireless access point.
- Maintains open communication and positive working relationship with staff.
- Perform other duties/projects as assigned.
Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities):
MULTIPLEX PURPOSE VENTURES is looking for a student intern with exceptional customer service skills,
- Solid troubleshooting skills, ability to work well in a team environment, excellent oral and written communications skills and the ability to work under minimal supervision. Applicants must have experience with Microsoft Windows and Mac OS. Experience in Social Media marketing is a plus.
- Experience with networking technologies and printer support is preferred. Applicants must have awareness of the PC hardware components, desktop operating system software, and application software. Applicant must have awareness of the PC industry’s current and emerging technology trends and direction, as well as a keen interest in computer-based information systems and technology.
- Interested applicants should possess excellent analytical skills and the ability to troubleshoot and resolve hardware and software problems. Applicants should have the ability to research and understand technical documentation, and an understanding of how to apply various technical resources. Applicants should have the ability to perform tasks such as operating systems and application software installations and upgrades, as well as virus protection and eradication.
- Must be available to work a minimum of 20 to 40 hours per week.
- Must be available and willing to commit at least six (6) months initially for an internship.
- Must have pursued or be pursuing an undergraduate or diploma in a communications or computer related field.
- A basic understanding of computer network cabling and network file and print services.
- Must be able to lift 25 pounds.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and effectiveness in working with a high-performing team
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Ability to respond effectively to inquiries or complaints.
- Ability to develop, maintain, and promote strong internal and external relationships
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to maintain formal or business casual dressing and grooming
- High-pressured, fast-paced environment with significant telephone and personal disruption. Speed is essential to the successful completion of tasks. This job description is intended to describe the level of work required by the person performing the work of the positions and physical requirements normal to the position. This description is not intended as a contract and is subject to change and may be revised as needs arise.
How To Apply:
Qualified applicants should send their application and C.V to email@example.com or submit their application at the office. All applications should be addressed to the Chief Executive Officer (C.E.O) Multiplex Ghana.
Multiplex Purpose Ventures = C48 Blohum Street, Dzorwulu-Accra Ghana, opposite UBA BANK Dzorwulu branch and in the same building with MTN Office AND Fido Money Lending Services.
Closing Date: 31st October 2022.
Call 024 980 9208 for further assistance and guidance if needed.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.