- Verify all invoices and packing list from the sales department and prepare customs declaration, certificate of origin among other relevant paperwork.
- See to successful examination and compliance of goods by customs for the acquisition of release stamps.
- Book containers and vessels for export by sea.
- Create shipping instructions for seaway bills.
- Conduct effective negotiation of freight and taxes with ship lines.
- Liaise regularly with overseas offices, partners, or agents to ensure that transit and delivery of goods are made on time.
- Complete and arrange all associated paperwork and see to it that they are in legal and legitimate order.
- Establish and maintain contacts and relationships with all agents and institutions relevant to ensure efficient transfer of goods through the legal process.
- Update and submit letters of credit to the Bank of Ghana for export monitoring.
- Perform other lawful duties assigned.