- Co-ordinates clearing and forwarding of all imports & exports for the company.
- Liaises with Finance Department for opening Letters of Credit, transfers, and Bank Delivery Order for shipment covered by L/C.
- Authorizes our Freight forwarders to clear the goods in case of direct shipments.
- Co-ordinates for inspection and necessary survey in case shipments arrive in open/torn/wet/damaged condition.
- Attends inspection of damaged goods during transit at airport/seaport along with the Insurance company's representative.
- Obtain short lading certificate from Customs Authority.
- Files Insurance claims and follows up for payments/credit note with the insurance company.
- Obtains all attested legal documents necessary for exports from Dubai Chamber of commerce and industry.
- Checks and verifies Freight Forwarder's invoices for both imports & exports, obtain approval from respective department Head and forwards these to Finance for payment.
Qualification and Requirements
- Must be a Graduate (preferably in Science)
- Diploma in Impots, Shipping, procurement preferred
- Must have sound knowledge of Import procedures, customs documentation and clearing.
- A Minimum of 5 years experience in a similar position, preferably a manufacturing unit.
- Good knowledge of Excel, Word is a MUST. Knowledge of using other computer programs desired.