- Ensure that all HR strategies, systems and processes within all departments are effectively and efficiently managed to support the achievement of business goals and objectives.
- Generally, carry out directives and decisions of Ag. General Manager /Management of the Hotel.
- Provide guidance to the business and manage all HR interventions and programs (ie recruitment, HR planning, Employee Relations and Performance Management and other change management interventions) across all departments.
- Communicate and interpret all policy changes to all Heads of Departments.
Human Resources Management
- Communicate and provide input to the review of HR policies.
- Communicate policy changes as they occur.
- Assist in the development of HR plans and budgets and oversee its administration
- Manage all change programs and other HR-related projects
- Manage all HR planning tasks within the various operating departments.
- Administer internal manpower movements and separations. Maintain all Hotel staff list and organization charts on current basis, ensuring that all updates reflect changes effected in the organizations.
- Assess the need for recruitment of staff and resource allocations in respective operating departments & companies.
- Oversee and manage succession and retention plan for the respective operating departments.
- Administer the selection process efficiently and in a timely manner.
- Guide Managers to deliver a robust performance management process.
- Ensure the process is delivered against the annual performance cycle.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Interpret and assist in the maintenance of the company’s Benefits and
- Compensation. policies and guidelines across all organizations.
- Direct and ensure that employee services are administered promptly and to the highest level of customer service.
- Ensure that record keeping processes and systems (i.e., employee data etc.) are in compliance with Regulatory and other legal requirements.
- Direct and manage all Employee Relation functions (i.e., employee consultation and employee communication to foster a harmonious relationship between management and staff of the Hotel.
- Ensure regular surveys are administered to employees to measure employee engagement and appropriate action plans are in place to manage issues that are raised in the surveys.
- Provides monthly reports on key HR programs and functions.
- Reports on HR standards and best practices.
- Acts as HR quality controller and maintain HR standards and best practice within the Hotel.
- Ensures effective and timely resolution and management of employee related issues and concerns.
- Communicate with staff to give advice and guidance on HR related queries/issues.
Talent Management and Development:
- Communicates the agreed talent framework to the relevant businesses.
- Leads the identification of talented individuals and inputs into the succession planning process.
- Ensures identified talent have clear development plans in place and retention plans are in place where appropriate.
- Working closely with various organizations, increasingly in a consultancy role, assisting line managers to understand and implement policies and procedures;
- Promoting equality and diversity as part of the culture of the organization;
- Liaising with a wide range of people involved in policy areas such as staff performance and health and safety;
- Recruiting staff - this includes developing job descriptions and person specifications, preparing job adverts, checking application forms, shortlisting, interviewing and selecting candidates;
- Developing and implementing policies on issues like working conditions, performance management, equal opportunities, disciplinary procedures and absence management;
- Preparing staff handbooks;
- Advising on pay and other remuneration issues, including promotion and benefits;
- Undertaking regular salary reviews;
- Administering payroll and maintaining employee records;
- Interpreting and advising on employment law;
- Dealing with grievances and implementing disciplinary procedures;
- Developing with line managers HR planning strategies which consider immediate and long-term staff requirements;
- Planning, and sometimes delivering, training - including inductions for new staff;
- Analyzing training needs in conjunction with departmental managers/company
- Any other task as may be directed by Assistant General Manager & Business Developer/Management.
- Proven working experience as HR Manager or Other HR Executive.
- People-oriented and results-driven.
- Demonstrable experience with human resources metrics.
- Knowledge of HR systems and databases.
- Ability to develop strategies along with leadership skills.
- Excellent active listening, negotiation and presentation skills.
- Competence to build and effectively manage interpersonal relationships at all levels of the Hotel.
- In-depth knowledge of labor law and HR best practices.
- Minimum of MBA / Master’s Degree in Human Resource Management, Industrial Psychology or any related field.
- Must have a minimum of 7 -10years’ working experience.
Benefit for the role:
- An opportunity to work in what will become the biggest Hotel, conferencing and events destination in Africa.
- Unfurnished accommodation
- Company vehicle for all the roles.