Who We Are
Pioneer Kitchenware Limited (PKL) is one of the leading manufacturers of aluminium hollowware products in Ghana, and within the West Africa sub-region. PKL, previously known as Pioneer Aluminum Factory, was incorporated in Ghana by the Swiss founder in 1959. In August 2006, the company’s name was changed to Pioneer Kitchenware Limited to reflect the new strategic focus being pursued by the company.
PKL specializes in the manufacture of high quality household aluminium hollowware. It pioneered the use of aluminium to produce cookware in Ghana under the “Touch brand” which has since become the “Mark of Quality”.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
This person will be required to manage the provision of human resource services, policies and programs for PKL, and perform the following duties, among others:
• Work with management team of PKL and HR at Group to implement HR and Administrative strategies that emphasizes strong workforce development, high productivity and performance, key employee retention, recruitment planning and forecasting
• Responsible for revision of HR policies, programs and practices
• Prepare periodic reports (Weekly, Monthly, Quarterly, Annual) as necessary to carry out the functions of the HR unit and for management team to track business goals and accomplishments
• Coordinate PKL management meetings (Weekly / Bi-Weekly) and staff meetings (Monthly)
• Implement excellent recruiting and hiring practices and procedures necessary to attract and retain a superior workforce
• Work with production manager to manage attendance, annual leaves and sick leaves of employees
• Manage an effective orientation program to welcome and integrate new employees into PKL’s culture
• Coordinate various units in decision about staff movements, confirmations, promotions, transfers, and exits
• Ensure back-up staff is always available at all levels
• Ensure that performance management system is adhered to and process is followed as scheduled.
• Work with line managers to assess training needs of staff
• Coordinate training programs, track and maintain training records
• Manage and ensure PKL’s compliance with all existing and new governmental and legal requirements and provisions relating to labour
• Manage employee safety, welfare, wellness and health as well as counselling procedures and other employee relations issues.
• Ensure punctuality, timeliness and compliance with deadlines
• Ensure the review and appropriate response to correspondence, complaints and queries received
• Ensure proper planning, coordination and execution of all corporate events.
• Other duties as assigned
• A good first degree from any reputable University
• Certification from CIHRMP
• Experience in production or factory setting is a plus
• Six years plus experience in the role
• Able to cope with work, time and deadlines
• Detail oriented in all aspects. Should pay attention to, be concerned with, and analyze details
• Excellent relationship management skills.
• Must be intelligent and analytical
• Must be of high integrity and must have the ability to communicate with diverse personalities
• Must have a true thirst for knowledge
• Must have strong leadership skills