A reputable Construction Company is seeking applications from qualified candidates for the position of Human Resource Manager based in Accra, Ghana with significant travel across all offices in Ghana.
The role will lead the overall HR function for the company, developing HR Services from an operational and strategic perspective. The incumbent will co-ordinate all HR operations, ensuring that the HR function is aligned to the company’s business and deliver sound and cost-effective people management practices through continuous improvement and prioritization.
The position holder will provide practical, consistent, and proactive support, direction and advice to the Senior Management Team, People Managers and all staff on HR policies, systems procedures and best practices.
Roles and Responsibilities
1. Manage the company’s payroll system
- Sign correspondences regarding human resources and management matters
- Prepare Payroll
- Review employees’ salary advance requests
2. Staff Development and Performance Management
- Carries out periodic organizational, job and individual training and development needs analysis;
- Identifies suitable courses to meet the training and development needs of the staff and organization and follow-up plans to see them through;
- Organizes in-house training and development programmes in accordance with needs identified and evaluates outcome of the training undertaken;
- Administers career management and succession planning systems to meet Human resources plan needs;
- Establishes and regularly reviews standard and generic job descriptions for all positions and ensures all posts have up to date job descriptions and employees holding the posts are given copies of the same;
- Ensures that appropriate format for performance appraisal is in place and all staff understand the company’s Performance appraisal system;
- Monitor implementation of performance appraisal systems;
3. Systems and Policies Development and Implementation;
- Ensure company’s HR strategies, policies, procedures and guidelines are implemented and regularly updated based on company’s procedures and ensure compliance with best practices and standard local laws;
- Review and recommend principles on how to motivate, attract and retain staff and promote gender diversity;
- Plans the human resource, manages recruitment and selection and ensure safety wellness of company staff;
- Ensures new jobs are graded appropriately
- Develops and administer reward management and remuneration systems;
- Ensures that all staff are kept informed of policies and procedure and of any changes;
- Handles employee grievances, disciplinary issues and other administrative problems according to company’s policies and procedures and consult with the legal advisor on staff legal cases.
- Ensures consistent and uniform implementation of the HR policy and procedures throughout the organization.
4. Entry Management
- Works with Managers and Supervisors to forecast HR needs and completes overall HR staff planning for the company.
- Ensures the recruitment of new staff as required by the HR staff plan
- Interviews and selects staff with inputs from others
- Ensures on boarding of staff to the organization
- Directs and monitors the processing and entry of employee source data and documentation into the human resources information system and the manual personnel files, develops and implements policies and systems to ensure the highest standard of accuracy, timeliness, and efficiency in personnel records management;
5. Planning, Budgeting and Reporting
- Plans, budgets and carry out training and development programs for effective utilization of human resources;
- Prepares periodic reports on HR management and training activities and submits to the Senior Management Team;
6. Exit Management
- Ensures that all staff fill out an exit interview form when they leave the company;
- Ensures that all Personnel Policy requirements are fulfilled when staffs leave the company;
- Presents exit interview summary, analysis and recommendations to Senior Management Team for information and further action.
7. Staff Management
- Orients, trains, and coach staff. Recommends or initiates personnel actions such as merit increases and other salary adjustments, promotions, transfers, terminations, and disciplinary actions including performance improvement plans;
- Completes all performance management activities including: performance planning, monitoring, and annual performance appraisals;
- Keeps up to date with developments in the HR, including best practice examples in-country and internationally, and ensure ongoing personal development and learning;
- Ensures the communication of HR policies and procedures within the organization, partners and other stakeholders.
- Performs other duties as assigned by immediate supervisor;
Education and experience
- Degree in Human Resource Management/ Organizational Behaviour/ or related field.
- (5 – 10 years) proven experience in a HR senior position in a similar sector (construction), including high performance in the full range of human resource management activities (recruitment and selection, performance management, development, talent management, reward, employee relations etc.)
How to Apply:
Interested candidates who meet the criteria above are encouraged to send their application letters and detailed CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the job title “Human Resources Manager DA01 - Accra” as the subject line.
All applications should be accompanied by a CV with daytime telephone contacts and contact details of three referees.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
How to Apply?
Please log in to see application instructions.