The HR & Office Manager will be responsible for human resources and office management out of Tamale, Ghana . S/he will organize and coordinate office operations management to optimize program effectiveness and efficiency. S/he will lead HR practices and objectives that will foster a high-performance team culture that emphasizes employee engagement, performance management, and the recruitment and ongoing professional development of project staff. The Office Manager will be responsible for intra-office communication, streamlining administrative and operational procedures, supporting the Director of Finance & Operations in inventory control management, and staff supervision. The Office Manager is also responsible for the maintenance of processes and metrics that support the achievement of the project’s goals which includes ensuring compliance with Creative and donor/client human resources policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Minimum Qualification:Degree
- Experience Level:Senior level
- Experience Length:5 years
- Manage HR and office operations to ensure compliance with Creative and client rules and regulations;
- Lead the full-cycle HR recruitment process including finalization of job descriptions, advertisement of vacancies, review of applicants, scheduling and conducting interviews alongside project senior management, checking candidate references, and collecting new hire documents;
- Onboard new project hires;
- Manage employee benefits enrollment and ensure all inquiries and challenges faced by employees regarding their insurances are handled;
- Coordinate the performance evaluation process;
- Provide information and advice to project staff regarding HR policies and procedures;
- Coordinate staff training and establish staff development plans based on staff appraisals and evaluations;
- Receive and log grievances or complaints from employees;
- Consult with HQ HR Operations Manager and legal counsel regarding difficult cases and provide recommended solutions prior to forwarding complaints to management for review;
- Provide oversight related to the updating of personnel files and other related HR documents including employment agreements, amendments, time sheets, calendar holidays and leave;
- Develop office management policies and procedures, to include visitor protocols, and mail/correspondence management;
- Work with relevant vendors to ensure office is properly equipped with water, electricity, internet, cleaning services, fuel, functional appliances /supplies, etc. as required;
- Support the Director of Finance & Operations in inventory / fleet management, establishing and maintaining the IT infrastructure, and overseeing office furniture and supply procurement/ budgeting;
- Provide information as required by Compliance Officers/Auditors during audits;
- Provide administrative support as necessary, including scheduling group meetings /supporting events , maintaining calendars, conducting research, and preparing memos and report s; and
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business administration, or a related field;
- Minimum of ( 5 +) years HR and office management experience and 8 years of general work experience.
- Experience working on USAID or similar internationally funded programs;
- Strong knowledge of USG procurement rules and regulations;
- Strong ability to use and develop management and tracking systems;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent record keeping and documentation skills;
- Demonstrated knowledge of Ghanaian local labor law;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office; and
- Fluency in English is required.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the Jobberman Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.