- Visits to the factory floor regularly, interact with workers with the view to knowing their problems, be proactive and resolve issues that could lead to the down tools by workers.
- Provides support for the review of CBAs by carrying out benefit surveys and participating in negotiations.
- Interprets HR policies and labor legislation to factory managers and supervisors.
- Manages staff leave, prepares annual leave plan, Monitors and enforce implementation of leave plan
- Staff file management, ensure completion, correctness and regular update.
- Prepares monthly human resources report for MRM.
- Processes applications for loans, salary advances, and other benefits endorsed by supervisor and approved by the factory manager.
- Prepares inputs for the monthly payroll.
- Vets pay vouchers prepared by the outsourcing agencies.
Organization & Jobs Structure
- Liaises with managers and supervisors and prepares job descriptions for newly created jobs and updates organization charts and existing job descriptions.
- Ensures staff appraisals are done for all staff members.
- Provides support to managers and supervisors in the completion of performance assessment forms.
- Gives input in the computation and communication of annual merit increases to employees.
Recruitment & Selection
- Maintains data bank of unsolicited applications from job applicants and keep track of candidates interviewed
- Sources CVs, shortlists applicants, and coordinates interviews, selections and placements as required.
- Liaises with sourced contractors for replacement or filling the new vacancies as required.
- Prepares schedule and coordinates the onboarding of newly engaged employees.
- Maintains and monitors staffing levels developed for the factory to ensure strict compliance.
Training & Development
- Liaises with managers and supervisors on the regular identification of training needs of employees.
- Prepares yearly training plans for GMP, Fire drill and Safety committee meeting sessions
- Organizes programmes to facilitate staff development.
- Organizes induction program for all categories of staff.
Health & Safety
- Undertakes regular audit of the factory to ensure that health and safety standards and regulations are adhered to.
- Maintains the record of all accidents and conducts investigations into accidents and submits reports on causes and preventive measures to factory management and Head of HR.
- Responsibility for general cleanliness & housekeeping of the factory and surrounding areas.
- Maintains contact with heads of departments in the factory, Head of HR, and Corporate Office Accounts Department.
- Maintains contact with employment agencies, Labour union, training service providers and security agencies
- Any other duties as required.