- Maintains accurate and up-to-date human resource files, records, and documentation.
- Reviews, tracks, and documents compliance with mandatory and non-mandatory training, continuing education, and work assessments. This may include safety training, anti-harassment training, professional licensure, and aptitude exams and certifications.
- Recruits, and facilitates the hiring of qualified job applicants for open positions; collaborates with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings.
- Conducts or acquires background checks and employee eligibility verifications.
- Implements new hire orientation and employee recognition programs.
- Performs routine tasks required to administer and execute human resource programs including but not limited to compensation, benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, and morale; occupational health and safety; and training and development.
- Handles employment-related inquiries from applicants, employees, and supervisors, referring complex and/or sensitive matters to the appropriate staff.
- Maintains compliance with national labour laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- Conduct exit interviews
- Ensures that buildings, grounds, equipment, and supplies are maintained and serviced.
- Oversees the acquisition, distribution, and storage of company supplies and shared support services such as mailing, printing, and copying; security; and cleaning and maintenance.
- Supports other related, varying needs of assigned departments and staff.
- Creates and administers budgets for supplies, equipment, and contract services.
- Identifies opportunities for cost savings, better efficiency, or other improvements; recommends and implements policy or process changes as appropriate.
- Monitors any construction or renovation projects to ensure plan requirements and applicable health, safety, and legal standards are met.
- Prepares, negotiates, analyzes, and reviews contracts for equipment, supplies, materials, services, and products.
- Prepares and reviews departmental, maintenance, and other recurring schedules and reports for accuracy and efficiency.
- Oversees the disposal of unclaimed or surplus property.
- Maintains a system for recording expenses and the use of petty cash
- Collects and compiles HR metrics and data from a variety of sources including the human resource information system (HRIS) and payroll outputs, management and employee surveys, exit interviews, employment records, government labor statistics, competitors’ practices, and other sources.
- Analyzes data and statistics for trends and patterns with attention to recruitment, hiring practices. motivation, turnover, and compliance with employment laws and regulations.
- Prepares reports of data results, presenting and explaining findings to the GM, HR and Admin
- Based on metrics and analysis, makes recommendations for policies and activities to improve the organizational culture including suggestions to attract and hire qualified candidates, to motivate and retain employees, to address staffing issues, and to maintain legal compliance.
- May conduct or assist with conducting classification audits to ensure that jobs are properly classified as exempt or nonexempt.
- May assist HR leadership with staffing, recruiting, and departmental budgets.
Communications and Reports: To provide weekly, monthly, quarterly and End of Year reports to the General Manager, HR.
Compliance: To comply with applicable laws, rules and regulations not only of the company but also of those affected by the parent company.
Others: Any other additional responsibility or task assigned
Qualification and Requirements
- A minimum of a first degree in Human Resources or a related field
- At least 4 years relevant working experience in related areas such as job classification and compensation, recruitment, selection, training, employee benefits
- Must possess emotional intelligence
- Must be self-motivated and disciplined
- Must be courteous and possess good customer care etiquette
- Must be innovative
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills
- Strong communication skills
- Must be able to handle criticism
- Must be a pro-active and results-oriented individual
- Excellent organization
- Must pay attention to detail
Location: Dansoman, Accra