- Performing heavy, preventive and corrective mechanical maintenance services
- Assembling and Disassembling parts of engines, hydraulic systems, plants and other machinery.
- Inspecting trucks and other heavy equipment for proper performance.
- Diagnosing faults using computerized testing equipment.
- Adjusting equipment and replacing faulty parts.
- Repairing damaged equipment parts.
- Cleaning, lubricating, and conducting routine services on heavy-duty vehicles.
- Performing major repair work when necessary.
- Consulting with other mechanics on smaller jobs.
- Reporting damaged or faulty equipment to management
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Should possess a minimum of an HND in a relevant field from an accredited institution
- Must possess a minimum of five (5) years working experience specifically with Volvo or Volkswagen trucks
- Previous working experience with equipment dealers, heavy construction, or transportation company is preferable.
- Knowledge of hydraulics, diesel engine, transmission;
- Knowledge of heavy machinery in civil construction;
- Maintenance applicable to the various brands and models of machines;