- Ensure a safe and tidy workplace environment without risk to employee’s health.
- Ensure that all Health & Safety policies, procedures, rules and regulations are adhered to and are regularly reviewed, updated and communicated
- Ensure the Company meets its statutory obligations in all areas pertaining to health, safety and welfare at work, including statutory training and reporting.
- Ensure the completion and regular review of risk assessments for all work equipment and operations.
- Ensure that all accidents are documented, investigated and recommended improvements implemented.
- Coordinate the development of health & safety policies, systems of work and procedures.
- Ensure full and accurate health and safety training records are maintained.
- Establish a full programme of documented health & safety inspections, audits and checks.
- Establish a structured programme of health & safety training throughout the Company
- Liaise with external health & safety consultants in the provision of training programmes and health and safety services.
- Provide regular reports to the Human Resources Manager/Senior Management Team on relevant health and safety activities.
- Participate in monthly meetings when required to report on relevant health & safety matters. Any other reasonable duties which may be required by management from time to time.
- HND in Mechanical with safety training or its equivalent
- 2-3 years of professional experience
- Strong Analytical skills and attention to detail
Ability to sustain strong relationship management
Good Planning, Prioritizing, & Organizing skills, with strong Follow-up.
- Effective Time Management with demonstrated ability to manage tasks effectively.
- Strong Verbal and Written Communication skills, with the ability to prepare News Letters, Presentations, and Reports.
Strong computer skills (use of Microsoft Office Products- Word, Excel, Power Point
Possess personal qualities of Integrity, Respect, and Commitment to the corporate mission.
Excellent Interpersonal, Communication, Collaboration and Influence abilities.
- High energy with a strong drive for results.
- Creativity and Innovation, with the ability to come up with new ideas and initiatives.
- Inclusiveness and ability to work well with different cultures and working environments