Perform the functions of this position with a strong understanding of the New GES (Standard Based) Curriculum
- Cooperate with other staff and classroom groups to maintain the smooth functioning of the school, which at times may require changes to meet the needs of the children.
- Maintain a comprehensive and ongoing portfolio assessment for each child, including weekly observations in each subject area.
- Use school open days and parent/teacher meetings to discuss each child's individual development.
- Meet bi-weekly with director to discuss and exchange information pertinent to the development of the learners and progress of the school.
- Attend staff training and meetings, school board and parent meetings as required.
- Work with Teachers, Assistant Teachers and student trainees to use and develop their skills and abilities in planning and carrying out classroom activities.
- Collaborate with Teachers and Assistant Teachers to maintain a safe and healthy classroom environment.
- Ensure that classroom equipment, furniture, materials, and supplies are properly maintained and utilized.
- Assist in recruiting and orientating new teaching staff, providing them with guidance as needed.
- Complete and submit school reports and records in a timely and accurate manner.
- Perform other duties, as may be required.
- A Degree in Education, with at least 5years hands-on experience in the classroom and 3years in a supervisory role (head teacher or assistant head teacher).
- Show demonstrable understanding of (school) business improvements and good customer service initiatives.
- Ability to build appropriate professional, friendly and accessible relationships with employees, parents and other stakeholders.
- An assertive goal-oriented self-starter with good interpersonal and organizational skills, and the ability to pay attention to detail.
- Possess sound analytical, decision-making and change management skills.
- Have tenacity and unquestionable integrity.
- Exhibit excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Successful experience working in a team setting.
- Ability to use abstract reasoning, problem solving, planning, and analytical skills in; Training, evaluation, and program development.
- Must be between the ages of 35 – 45 years
Our Values: Excellence, Respect, Integrity, Teamwork, Equality
- Must be able to conduct meetings and training sessions, prepare reports that are comprehensive, clear, and complete.
- Have excellent computing skills in MS Office Suite
- Good remuneration.
- Temporary accommodation is available for the first six months.
Please note that only applicants who meet the minimum requirements of the job will be contacted