The Headteacher will provide highly effective leadership, organization, and management of the school to secure high-quality education and care for all students.
This would include seeking ways of continually improving outcomes for students and developing organizational structures and functions based on rigorous self-evaluation.
The Headteacher will ensure that the school and the people and resources within it are organized and managed to provide an efficient, effective and safe learning environment.
These leadership and management responsibilities imply that through their specific roles and responsibilities, all adults working in the school and the resources will be deployed to achieve best value for money.
The Headteacher will seek to build the school as a highly successful organization through effective collaboration with parents and others.
WAYS YOU CAN CONTRIBUTE
- Be responsible for the overall management of the school to ensure an excellent standard of education provision for pupils
- Ensure the efficient running of the school by developing and maintaining effective whole school systems, practices and procedures to create an organisational culture which is embedded in the School's ethos and values.
- Lead, help, support and encourage all teaching and non-teaching staff in school, promoting and developing an effective internal communication system.
- Maintain and develop effective school self-review and improvement planning processes.
- Be an excellent practitioner and lead by example always by demonstrating consistent high standards of personal and professional conduct, acting within the statutory frameworks which set out their professional duties and responsibilities.
- Be responsible for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within the school.
- Develop effective professional relationships with colleagues.
- Lead the school and its staff to achieve the highest standards of teaching and learning, achievement and attainment and pupil behaviour.
- Assure the establishment and growing strength of the School's mentoring and academic support systems. Implementation and coordination of the vision, ethos and strategy for the school.
- Recruit, train, motivate and mentor all staff to achieve the best outcomes for all pupils.
- Develop partnerships with parents, other local schools, education providers, businesses and agencies to ensure that the school plays a key role in the life of the community and learners have access to and an understanding of their community and their roles in it.
- Ensure robust operational systems are in place that support the school’s efficient functioning.
Vision and strategy:
- Vision aligned with the school's high aspirations and high expectations of self and others.
- Clear vision and understanding of how to implement and sustain high quality education in a primary school.
- Strategically leading on all aspects of the school, such as curriculum, teaching, learning, professional development, administration, finance and communication.
- Clear vision and understanding of the strategies to establish consistently high standards of behaviour and commitment to relentlessly instilling these strategies.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to delegate effectively.
- Able to effectively use data and performance information to challenge and support learning and raise standards for all.
WHO YOU ARE
Qualification, professional understanding, and experience:
- A degree in a relevant field such as education, social sciences, or a related field and leadership experience in a basic school (primary/junior high school).
- Leadership experience at headteacher or deputy headteacher level within a successful basic school.
- Excellent teaching and learning strategies to meet the diverse needs of all to achieve and enjoy learning.
- Educational development of primary and secondary aged pupils
A very high standard should be demonstrated in the following
- Motivation to continually improve standards and achieve excellence
- Resilience and motivation to lead the school through day-to-day challenges while maintaining a clear strategic vision and direction.
- Ability to lead, coach and motivate staff within a performance management framework, including professional development.
- Effective leadership style that encourages participation, innovation and confidence
- Genuine passion and a belief in the potential of every student
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Commitment to the safeguarding and welfare of all pupils